Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Dream of confusion and pheasant / Good friends

A pretty gross (but classic) Something Awful thread on horrible roommates

I don't know why I had a dream that featured my running in confusion to various sliding doors, only to find that Buildings #10 and #88 were locked since I wasn't on time to sessions. There was another girl who would be staying for an eight-hour church session, by which time our group would be gone! Building #66 featured a merry-go-round and amusement park, but I wasn't allowed to go in there. At the same time, the officials in charge of the buildings in this camp did not allow anyone to consume cheese of any sort - and expelled anyone who did, especially if it was combined with strawberries! Then I saw an elegant dining room which hadn't been closed off to me - it also had a bookstore and a gift shop. My mom was in the dining room, eating some turkey drenched in gravy with some rice - I thought she'd be mad because I hadn't gone to the sessions with my friends, but the dream ended with her inviting me to join her and eat. I also saw a dinner menu that featured a bunch of items, including "Forbidden Pheasant - MUST EAT!" Haha, sure?

Also, I am amused by someone's characterization of me as an "attention whore." I posted a question under my old LJ name to a community, wondering why I'd been unfriended by someone who's supposedly been dead for over three years now. Most people - no matter their private opinion of me - responded politely and said that it had been converted to "memorial" status, which unfriends all their existing friends. (no one can make new posts there, but all content is preserved and comments can still be made to existing entries) This one person decided to call me an attention whore because I'd come to a community who's "still mourning the death of a good woman" and ask questions - she even hoped no one close to the person saw the post! That is why I screened all comments initially, and deleted her comment without responding to it. No reason for it, haha. Stupid woman, hahaha. (not the one who's dead) A few years ago, I wouldn't have been so amused, but now I don't care what they say!


You Are a Good Friend Because You're Accepting

No matter what a friend says or does, you try your best to understand it.
And your friends feel like they can tell you anything. You don't judge.

You know that friendship is a journey - with a lot of ups and downs.
If you and a friend grow apart, you get over it quickly... and leave the potential for future friendship open.

You tend to have many friends from many walks of life. Anyone you meet could become a friend.
In fact, you are especially interested in people who are a little different than you. Seeing life from another perspective is something you cherish.

Your friends need you most when: They can't turn to anyone else with their secrets.

You really can't be friends with: Dogmatic, stubborn people.

Your friendship quote: "Love is blind, but friendship closes its eyes."

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home