Thursday, May 24, 2007

Insistence on correct spelling is NOT high-maintenance, and I wish I had a pretty name!

Lunch with my parents and Jon / Harmony at the Fish Café was all right, except certain people wouldn't stop prying into my personal life / private emails! They think the same as Diven does - for which I am going to have to do something to him, haha. Man, am I glad my Mondays are free now... I told Jon that I'd been upset because Eric used "Nintendo Wii speak" / "Netspeak" on me last night, and he called me "high-maintenance." Insisting on the correct spelling of a freaking TWO-LETTER-WORD is not high-maintenance, thank you very much! Then I told them about how Andrea had misspelled "junior" and "senior" - we could tell in service since there was a big red underline on the Powerpoint slide, which Jon thought was funny! Honestly, they should definitely know better, especially when it comes to me! (we've had discussions about how I'm a "vindictive grammar Nazi" before...) I told Jon that I planned to steal one of Jeremy's stinky tofu pieces tomorrow at the Night Market, but then he informed me that Jeremy might not be there since his parents are in town. Well, then! I'm not going to eat all six pieces by MYSELF! (Jon seems to think everyone will love me for it... :P) Maybe I'll call him tonight and see what's up, haha... something I rarely do, but it has to be done in this case to avoid nasty surprises. (California Café?)

Jon says that he's leading worship on Sunday, and that it doesn't matter if he and Harmony pick me up on the way to church. Guess I'll figure things out on Saturday, haha - must bring cards for Steph to sign, if possible! (then again, she's volunteering...) I asked Jon if he'd bought an anniversary card for the parents - nope! I think we all suck / dropped the ball on this one, with Steph's being busy / Jon forgetting / my not feeling like going out to buy one. But Steph did buy them flowers, haha. (and so did Harmony on Monday) We should have kept the occasion a secret till after lunch, because Harmony tried paying for the entire meal... Jon eventually had to sit on her MasterCard, and took several pictures of his butt with her digicam. ("yeah, the view's awesome even though you can't really see the card in the upper right corner!") Had clam chowder, blackened salmon salad, crab cakes, fish burgers, and fish / chips while bugging Harmony about only having half a banana for breakfast. Jon had eaten a lot yesterday, so really wasn't that hungry! We also took crazy pictures, hehe.

I asked Jon about his CDs on my card - I'll have to remember to renew them online on Friday or Saturday, and tell him if the system blocks my renewal attempt because it does that sometimes. Harmony's flight is a red-eye at 11 PM on Sunday; we don't think she'll get any sleep since she has to work fairly early! Jon does want to go to the "meet Joshua's new wife!" thing at Uncle Stanley's after lunch / the Zion bazaar, so I don't know why my mom said he was reluctant since it's Harmony's last day in town! (or I do, but I'm not saying here) He and I had Raven Cream Ale, and then we dropped the two of them off at the bus stop. My mom wondered if I'd ever met the Viva Java dude - of COURSE! She's getting forgetful, I suppose. :P

I read a bit of Harmony's book, which was autographed by the author (Madeleine Thien) herself - yay for connections! The inscription reads in part "To Harmony, with the absolutely beautiful name..." Now I find myself wishing again that I had a pretty name! I remember wishing that in Grade 7 or 8 when I had Sunday School classmates with the pretty names of Eleanor, Alexandra, Belinda, Frances, Evelyn, Sophia, and Gloria. Not that having a pretty name is all you need to get by in life or to get yourself a good man / friends, but "Leslie" just sounds BLAH next to those monikers! I probably wouldn't seriously change my name, but even my sister has a prettier name! That was probably one of the reasons I wished my name was Cordelia when I was a kid! (or Zoe, Roanna, Nina, Tatiana, etc.) And it's not like I can use my middle name as a backup - well, I could, but that wouldn't be pretty either! Honestly: an unpretty name, bad coordination, and other terrible things I won't get into here... yeah, I think I'm destined to remain a spinster for life! *sigh*

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home