Thursday, May 24, 2007

Wii, no monthly anniversaries, Chinese jokes, Pizza Hut Pizza Dough

Well, I thought I'd never have to bug Eric M. about supposed Netspeak, but that barrier was broken tonight when he asked me who was in our Bible Study group. He told me that the "double I" trend was because of the Nintendo Wii (although I've seen it before it was announced), and he was just trying to be different. Ha, I definitely got upset and broke out the all caps, which I apologized for later on. It didn't help that I got an email from Raymond with this 25-word subject and a totally irrelevant attachment of a clear blue sky - UGH! I told him about certain things, and he encouraged me - eh, I guess I'll see how things go! (also took a shower and did laundry while he was talking to me)

In the middle of all this stuff, I called the townhouse to see what was going on tomorrow. The anniversary dinner is now an anniversary lunch since Jon and Harmony are busy celebrating their "seven-month anniversary." *rolleyes* HEY, KIDDIES! THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A MONTHLY ANNIVERSARY! Man, I saw this kind of thing ALL THE TIME in an LDR community I was part of for some time - and always wanted to say that, but couldn't. Stupid people... *grumble* I'm sure it happens in local relationships too, but seriously! An anniversary is YEARLY, by definition! My sister said that 32 years trumps seven months by far, and I agree. Apparently, we're going to some fish café since Jon and Harmony don't want to eat a lot of meat, even though they're not the honored people! Salad bars are definitely out for Dad, as is parking downtown so Steph can join us too. Heh, Harmony is Steph's replacement! Meh, at least I set my alarm - rumors are that Mom might go to some Coquitlam Korean market / some mall named Henderson Place after lunch. Not sure if I want to do that, but the boonies could be interesting this time out! (we'll see...)


Haha, I get the quirkiest emails from the R-Man! Of course, I've heard of these "translations" before, but it's still cool. :D

Are you harboring a fugitive? Hu Yu Hai Ding?
See me A.S.A.P. - Kum Hia Nao
Stupid Man - Dum Gai
Small Horse - Tai Ni Po Ni
Your price is too high!!! - No Bai Dam Thing!!
Did you go to the beach? - Wai Yu So Tan
I bumped into a coffee table - Ai Bang Mai Ni
That is not right - Sum Ting Wong
I think you need a facelift - Chin Tu Fat
It's very dark in here - Wai So Dim?
Has your flight been delayed? - Hao Long Wei Ting?
That was an unauthorized execution - Lin Ching
I thought you were on a diet - Wai Yu Mun Ching?
This is a tow-away zone - No Pah King
Do you know lyrics to the Macarena? / The latest Michael Jackson release - Wai Yu Sing Dum Song?
Keep out of pond - Noh Wei Ding
Late night Peking talk show - Jah Ni Ka Sun
You are not very bright - Yu So Dum
I got this for free - Ai No Pei
I am not guilty - Wai Hang Mi?
Does this bathroom stink! / Did someone fertilize the field? - Hu Flung Dung?
Please, stay a while longer - Wai Go Nao?
Our meeting was last / next week - Wai You Kum Nao
They have arrived - Hia Dei Kum
Staying out of sight - Lei Ying Lo
Premature infant - Tai NI Bei Bi
Cigarettes are bad for you - No Tsmo King
Your body odor is offensive - Yu Stin Ki Pu / Shu Man Go
He's cleaning his automobile - Wa Shing Ka
He is a fat man - Wun Fat Gai



PIZZA HUT PIZZA DOUGH

1 1/3 cup water
2 teaspoons sugar
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons cornmeal
2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 cup bread flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
3/8 teaspoon MSG
1 1/2 teaspoon yeast
(You may use all-purpose flour only for this recipe)


Bread machine: Add ingredients to machine bread pan in order given, or as per manufacturer's instructions. Set to 'dough' mode.

Food processor: Place water, sugar, salt, and olive oil in bowl of food processor... pulse to dissolve sugar and salt. Add yeast, bread flour, all-purpose flour, and the other dry ingredients. Process until a soft ball forms. Remove from machine and allow to rest, covered with a tea towel, about 45 minutes.

Dough hook: Place water, sugar, salt, and olive oil in bowl of mixer. Dissolve sugar and salt. Stir in yeast, bread flour, all-purpose flour, and the other dry ingredients. Knead with dough hook to form a soft, but not-too-sticky dough (about 8 minutes). Remove from machine and allow to rest, covered with a tea towel, about 45 minutes.

By Hand: In this case, use only all-purpose flour. Place water, sugar, salt, and olive oil in bowl. Dissolve sugar and salt. Stir in yeast, all-purpose flour, and the other dry ingredients. Knead to form a soft, but not-too sticky dough (about 8-l0 minutes). Allow to rest, covered with a tea towel, about 45 minutes.

(*) For a breadier pizza dough - depending on taste and recipe requirements, you can add an additional 1/4 teaspoon yeast. Deflate dough very gently before using, and allow it to rest a further 15 minutes before using in a recipe. You may refrigerate dough in an oiled plastic bag for up to two days.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home