Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Offers of help, hanging out, putting babies in the dryer, autopsies

Talked to Eric H. and Corey about the developments of this morning and afternoon for a while earlier. It's true that the management sucks and they want to kick everyone out of here. I do want to move now, but I don't want only ten days to do it. If I can get this sorted out, I swear that I want more time to prepare even if this location is cool. Future wishes: that the apartment management in a new place isn't shifty / dodgy, and that they're at least reasonably competent in the English language! It would be nice if the place is near a shopping centre and other amenities such as often-serviced bus stops, but really I don't require much else.

Eric H. also wants to hang out this weekend to update his blog. Since I respect his relationship with Fay, I asked what she was doing. Apparently, she's hanging out with old classmates this weekend, which leaves him free... but of course, he'll doublecheck first. Told him that Jon was seeing Harmony - my sister was NOT impressed when she told me when he'd be flying out: on HER BIRTHDAY, of all days! It's like "Why can't you fly out on Saturday instead of Friday?" Tough call, and Eric wouldn't want to be him in that situation! At least Eric says he'll help if / when I do move... that's what friends are for, and I definitely appreciate that! :)

I lack the motivation to do laundry with these recent developments, which is kinda pathetic... :P (but we'll see)


Today's First-Degree Yet Truly Morbid Fact!

A mother was booked on a charge of first-degree murder for allegedly placing her 3-month-old son in a clothes dryer and turning it on. The infant had third-degree burns over 50 percent of his body and suffered blunt-force trauma to the head. Lakeisha Adams, 18, called police to her home on Monday to report that someone had killed her child. When officers arrived, they found Jailand Adams on a sofa. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Adams admitted during questioning to putting the infant in the dryer and turning it on, but did not say why. Adams also has a 1-year-old child who was placed in state custody. If convicted, Adams faces death by injection or a life sentence. The first-degree murder charge is mandatory under Louisiana law because the victim was under age 12.

Culled from: Associated Press
Generously submitted by: Paradox

**********************************************************************

As Paradox says, "You don't often see that sort of behavior in a major appliance."

*******

Morbid Mirth Du Jour!

Q: How do you get 100 babies into a bucket?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


A: With a blender!

Q: How do you get them out again?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A: With tortilla chips!!!

[no] Thanks to Evonne for that one.

*******

Ghastly!

The National Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland is currently showing an exhibition entitled Visible Proofs: Forensic Views of the Body. I need hardly mention that this sounds like a brilliant exhibit. Better still, the website has some video footage of an actual autopsy for us to gawk over. I get a particular kick out of how they slice up the brain like a head of lettuce. Ah, a head's a head, I suppose...

Thanks to m3m3s3 for the link.


What kind of name is "Jailand," anyway? I can see that it kinda sounds like Jaylon, but that kind of spelling drives me nuts!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home