Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Snacks, Evites, lessons learned from TV, 24 icons, Lone Star Steakhouse Chili

Jon says the list of snacks for Friday's program almost makes him not want to go to the forum. I think he probably should anyhow! Steph's also sent me an Evite to something called "Spinsters' Bonding Night." She's invited me, Vania (who can't make it), Cindy (who'll be late), Jackie, Vivian and Karen Lew, Sheena, Chalaine, Anita T., Jen, Chrystal, Isabel, Joyce, Janette, Cordia, Quan, Vivian Lam, and Sabrina. Since I'll probably die a spinster / old maid (oh, how optimistic is THIS hamsterette?! :P), I'll probably go. Valentine's Day at the church... Intolerable Cruelty featuring Catherine Zeta-Jones... Uncle Fatih's Pizza (that place near the Broadway Skytrain station!)... $5-10 to cover costs of food which includes veggies / dip / kettlecorn / ice cream / cake... sounds cool. I need something in my Yearly Recap Post for February, anyhow! ;)

Just in case anyone answers this about circumventing 50 posts in the Blogger search limit...

Lessons learned from tonight's episode of 24:

* You CAN kill your own son, even if he's just following your orders.

* Never trust anyone, not even your own father or phone calls. The likelihood that it's all a setup is very high, even if you ARE a mole.

* You can simultaneously hug your brother whilst torturing him with 8 cubic centimetres of sodium pentothal.

* Also, keep your presidential cards close to your vest until meetings convene. Hopefully they do something to that slimeball. 1066 is GOING DOWN!!!


Note: It's two hours next week starting at 8. MUST WATCH BECAUSE IT'S WORTH IT, OH MY! Ruses by your own father, setups for an engineer from CTU, etc. Absolutely is on my calendar, and I swear I should join some groups (or get an icon) dedicated to the show since I'm sure Corey's had enough of my ramblings! Almost all of them seem to be roleplay / fanfiction, though. (which I'm not into) Now I know who played Jack Bauer's brother: I kinda thought the guy looked like Dr. Romano in ER! Ah-HA! Found a community, although it looks like the posting is moderated. Probably a good thing, though.

Ha! Addicts! Another for me!

Hey, I found two icons I liked! There are more in 24_ICONS. I could have taken more, but didn't. Some had questionable words on them, haha.

A relatively harmless icon:



Since I'm a sick person sometimes and love this stuff, I'll also take this one of Jack Bauer torturing his brother using the "plastic bag strangulation method" in his own house!




Lone Star Steakhouse Chili

When the weather gets cold, it's time to fire up the stovetop. This chain makes a tasty chili that warms the bones on a nippy fall day. This clone recipe is easy-to-make, low-fat and delicious. And if it's super-brisk outside, you might want to add an additional tablespoon of diced jalapeno to aggressively stoke those internal flames.

1 pound ground beef
1 diced onion
1 tablespoon diced fresh jalapeno pepper
1 15-ounce can kidney beans with liquid
1 14.5-ounce can peeled diced tomatoes
1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
1 cup water
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 bay leaf

Garnish
grated cheddar cheese
diced onion
canned whole jalapeno chili peppers
Hot enough for you?

1. Brown ground beef in a large saucepan over medium heat. Drain fat.
2. Add onion and pepper and sauté for about two minutes.
3. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Serve one cup in a bowl with the optional cheese, diced onion and whole jalapeno garnish on top. Makes 4 servings.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home