Wednesday, February 07, 2007

CURSE YOUR EVICTION NOTICES, AMACON!

CURSE YOU, AMACON!

Eric was right that time in September when he joked that I have many reasons to kill my landlords. I know Jesse said in December that every joke has a grain of truth to it, and this time he's also right! Now, not only is it the heat / waking me up before I'm ready / the toilet being on the fritz... BUT THEY JUST GAVE ME A FREAKIN' EVICTION NOTICE (AGAIN!) THIS MORNING FOR RENT REASONS, AND I HAVE TEN DAYS TO VACATE! WHAT. THE. *insert invective of your choice* I don't know what the heck I'm going to do! Well, besides call Sue and have dreams of being trapped in an apartment with no electricity because the management turned it off since that's their last resort in order to make me pay the rent!

Okay, so I called Sue and she suggests bringing in my eviction notice early tomorrow morning at around 10 - I gotta do what I gotta do, I guess! Sleep earlier tonight: yay, help! Good thing I did bring in the rental increase notice last week or so, because Dave's apparently written them a cheque for the missed funds. She thinks they can fix this up within the ten days. Although yes, I should have brought it in earlier... damn, I hate crying on the phone. :P

Do I really want to stay in this place with crappy management? As if the events of August-December 2005 weren't bad enough... if you want to know, look in the archives. Should all be there! Basically, this new management company took over from Richmond Gardens' previous management (two very nice ladies named Kathy and Kelly), and then took this place on a ride to hell. When I say that, I mean that there were various legal actions filed against the new owners for illegal pay parking / taking away the cablevision / taking away the heat for one entire month in May 2006 / evicting tenants willy-nilly because the owners supposedly wanted to tear down the place or charge much higher rents / other shady things. I know I said that I wanted to stay because of the location (good for buses and such!) when they offered me an extension last year, but now? Don't ask me.. I don't know! (I want to TP the place... not!)

At least I now know why those dudes had to come in yesterday and measure my carpets and countertops. Everyone in TQC was like "Replacements! You'll get shiny new ones soon!" Sure, sure... looks like I won't be around here to enjoy them! Given that I have a limited amount of time to make a decision, I should make one soon because I know people have to help me move if I choose to do so. (and I just might, this time round!) *screams* Man, this song I'm listening to (the Clash's Should I Stay or Should I Go?) is oddly appropriate for my current dilemma... o_O

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home