Monday, February 05, 2007

"Young adult" status / Lone Star Steakhouse Baked Sweet Potato

Note to self: Remember who could potentially stumble across this thing, and who your readers actually are!

Andrea emailed us a reminder of our refreshment responsibilities on Friday. Good thing to keep in the loop, heh... though I had to bug her about spelling my name wrong, haha! Jeremy told us last night that we could never have too much Leslie / Lesley. Haha, he deserved the playful tap I gave him for THAT one even though I was amused by it! *laugh* (for some reason, this also reminded me of the AC/DC song Whole Lotta Rosie)

Where is the barrier for young adulthood? No, I don't mean "What are the societal / emotional / mental / spiritual barriers that young adults face these days?" If I did, I would have typed the preceding. I remember what Dylan was saying to me last night on the way to Lesley's. Dylan went down to Richmond, which he doesn't know very well. He met a 35-year-old man who said that a group leader called them young adults... I don't think so! Dylan is actually 30 as of today, and we're all getting pretty old! To me, the senior Timothy Fellowship people / Daniel Fellowship people / the youngest David Fellowship people would qualify as young adults... so ages 17-25. But eh, what can you do? (he also went to Bible Study with Uncle Hansel on Thursday night)

Ha, someone has emailed me the link to his blog already. Cool. :D The only entry so far describes our church, and IS brief like he says. (at least, compared to some of my entries on this site!)

I like the pumice orange gel stuff that the ladies' restroom at our church now has... can't speak for the men's, but maybe I'll ask Nate / Eric / Citrus about it next weekend. Yes, those are practically the only guys I feel comfortable enough with to ask that question since my brother would just think I was being weird again! It's been there for a couple of weeks, and I first noticed it during Awana. I should ask my dad where they got it! (he would know since he's the church administrator and all) Reminds me of the bottle return depot place, since they always seemed to have that stuff. Eric would probably have something to say about that since it's not real soap and water - I hear enough about that whenever Purell is mentioned, even when I'm not using it! :P

Also, Corey thinks that my life revolves around 24 and something else since that's pretty much all I talk about now. Ha ha. It is to laugh. :P


Lone Star Steakhouse Baked Sweet Potato

It saddles on up next to your entree at this huge steakhouse chain, but it's not what it claims to be. Sure, the menu says "baked sweet potato," but you're actually getting a sweet and tender red-skinned yam underneath all that yummy melted butter and cinnamon / sugar. And don't just get any yam for this top secret clone. You want to use garnet yams, if you have a choice. Then be sure to cook them long enough that the sugar in the yams begins to squirt out and burn in a couple of spots. Each yam should be tender, but not mushy. The skin on the outside will turn from red to greyish-brown, and it will be a hearty shade of black inside.

4 garnet yams
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup whipped butter

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake yams for 45 to 75 minutes (bigger yams take longer to cook). When they are done, the outside will have darkened and the inside will be soft. You may see liquid from the potato oozing out and charring. When the potato is sliced open, the inside of the skin will be charred black from the caramelizing sugar in the potato. This is a perfectly cooked potato. To serve, slice a potato down the center. Add two tablespoons of whipped butter, then sprinkle some cinnamon / sugar over the top. Makes 4 servings.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home