Monday, February 05, 2007

Cards Received, 2006

Also way past time for this entry, but I can't procrastinate any longer! Me sleep now... or try to...

Chinese New Year 2006

Candy: "Hi Leslie! As promised, the envelope I was telling you about on the forum. One has not been opened and the other was, so I replaced what they had in it with four poppy quarters. Happy Chinese New Year. Candy."


Special 2006

Billy, Stella, and Benjamin: "Leslie: Thank you for all the bathing presents and the sippy cups... very useful gifts and just what I wanted. Leslie, you're always very thoughtful. Thanks for just being YOU! Love from Billy, Stella, and Baby."

Steph: "Dearest Sarne! Hoho! Thanks for helping me to enjoy a very fun 23rd birthday! Yaz is LARD! Reality! True Bain."

Karen Choo: "Dear Leslie, Thank you for your understanding and patience with me. I know you don't always say much, but I know that you have a sincere and true heart. I have seen it over our many years of knowing each other as fellow Bible Study members. Isn't it great that we've been in the same group together for so long? So glad you're not tired of me yet. Thank you again for your constant friendship. In Christ, Karen Choo."


Birthday 2006

Erin: "Hey Leslie! I hope you have an awesome 30th birthday and a great year filled with lots of smiles, good memories, and special people. :) Thanks for all the years of friendship and laughter. You're a great gal. Happy Happy Birthday. Love always, Erin."

card from Uncle Y.C., Auntie Catherine, Chung Yan, and Chung Ming (the card has 1 Samuel 2:1 on it)

Dawn: "Dear Leslie, Just wanna wish you a Happy, Happy 30th Birthday!!! I just realized I wrote the date at the top as August, rather than September, but this is only because I happened to pick up your B-Day gift and write the card so early! Haha... Well, all the best on your special day! Love, Dawn. P.S. I know you have a penchant for lists and records, so I hope you enjoy the gift." ("May your rice bowl always be full" on the front... how cute!)

card from parents

Steph: "Dearest Sarny: Yaz is now OLD!! 30! Though you are old, I know your actions and mind will be more like your shoe size!! HoHo! Use the toothpaste on your teeth, not on your bum! Truebain."

Jon: "Hey, old fart. You make sure your soap touches your body and not just a certain body part! Have a good 30th - we'll drink 30 shots (divided among 15 people, unless you want to have them all yourself) on your behalf. Hope your face isn't too red at the appreciation dinner! Jon." (their card has some picture of a man with a toothpaste tube in his butt... "That's correct, Doctor. He claims that the instructions said to squeeze toothpaste from bottom. Bottoms up on your birthday!")

card from Connie Lucas

Kevin: "Thank you for all the cards you gave me for my birthday; it is about time I return the favor. Best wishes and happy birthday. Kevin."

Vivian: "Hey Leslie! :) May God continue to bless you on this VERY special day and in the years to come. Here's to more fun and laughter during Sunday dinners, fellowship, and Bible Study! Happy Birthday! Love, Vivian." (the card has Psalm 118:24 on it)

Karen Lew: "Sorry 'bout my attempt at drawing a cake! What can I say? 2D just isn't my forte! Haha. It's that time of year again! Haha. I hope you have a very happy birthday this year as well as all the following years. :) I'm glad that we've gotten to know each other through our family roadtrips, and I hope to know you even better at those weekly dinners! Always interesting! Well, have a good one! Cheers! Love, Karen." (her attempt at drawing a cake came out way better than what I could draw, I'm sure!)

Danielle and Citrus: "HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY, LESLIE!! HAHA! :) We hope you have an awesome birthday... even if has to be celebrated a couple days late... but you know how it is with Chinese time and all! :) Can't wait for the next SLB event... certainly we will outdo our last record of 21 baskets! Yeah!! Love, Danielle and Citrus!" (she drew a cool puff on it... there was mention of a "butt feather" in the card, haha)

card from Auntie Fonda, Auntie Tracy, and Vania (the card has Psalm 32:11 on it)


Karen Choo: "Dearest Leslie, What a privilege and honor it is for me to be included in the celebration of your special day. You have been a constant friend through good and hard times. You especially and uniquely proved yourself outstandingly fair-minded and true during certain dark times. What a friend you are indeed! Thank you from my heart!

I think you are a bright, creative person with a loving patient soul. Love your frank honesty and willingness to overlook the weaknesses and foibles of others. Very generous! May God continue to bless your humble soul, and may your unique sense of humor become increasingly comprehensible to this ol' friend of yours. In the meantime, keep up your patient explanations. I appreciate them! Thank you for your love and support over these many years and especially for your friendship. Happy Birthday! Wishing you love and blessings in the Lord Jesus Christ. Your spiritual sister, Karen Choo."


Ivan: "Dear Leslie, I am excited that you will be celebrating your birthday. Sorry that I am unable to attend. Thanks for your regular attendance to Bible Study. It is encouraging - keep it up! Have a great party! Your friend, Ivan Choo." (the card has Psalm 29:11 on it)

Eric M.: "Happy Birthday, Leslie!" (the birthday card had 30 cakes on it... "30! That is old!")

Eric H.: "Hey Leslie! How time flies!!! Haha... it has been another year already. I hope this past one has been an enjoyable one for you, and may it continue for many more years to come! It has been a real pleasure of mine to be able to talk to you about my positive and negative moments with Fay... THANK YOU for your continued friendship. May God continue to bless you. Amen to that, haha. By the way, I emailed you the list. You know what I am talking about (wink)... just add to my blog. Thanks! Your pal, Eric H."

Jen: "Happy 30th Birthday! Thanks for inviting me out. Hope you enjoy the gift, and have a great year full of adventure and blessings! Take care! Luv, Jen. P.S. You are NOT old! :P"

Randal: "Happy Birthday, Leslie! You can go ahead and get rowdy and disorderly. You can get kicked out of the finest restaurants of Vancouver and Richmond - but don't ever get kicked out of the David Fellowship or VCEFC! I'm always happy to see you at fellowship and service. Thank you always for your books, your thoughtfulness (in remembering my birthday), and your friendship. God bless you always. Love, Randal."

Nina: "Happy Birthday. You have been a very good friend to me, and I wish you all the happiness in the world. Enjoy your gift."

Candy: "Hope you have a good day." (the card said: "A person should act like a mature adult by the time they reach 30... do I hear 40?" and she added a winky)

Mike T.: "Hi Leslie! I hogged this side, so I hope you don't mind. Well, I want to say Happy Belated Birthday to you, and hope that you had a good time during your Birthday on Tuesday, celebrated on that day. Also, I want to thank you for the cards you've given me!!! You gave me so many cards... one during my Birthday, one for the baptism, and one for Christmas. That's a lot. Wonder where you get your cards from. Anyway, I wish you the best, and may God bless you and give you a joyful life. Cheers, Michael."

Emily C.: "Dear Leslie, Sorry for giving you this card so late. I hope you had a great birthday and birthday party on Tuesday! Thanks for always remembering other people's birthdays like mine! I don't know how you do it! You have such good memory! I wish I had just as good memory as you do. :) Anyway, best wishes and God Bless! Love, Emily." (she included a drawing of a little poof lamb)

Chrystal: "Dear Leslie, Happy 30th Birthday. :) I hope you had a good time celebrating your special day with your friends and family! I enjoy talking to you each week at AWANA. I always see you're so busy at the secretary desk!! You're doing an awesome job! Have a blessed year! :) Love ya!"

Cindy and Dianne: "Dear Leslie, Happy Birthday! You have an amazing gift of memory and kindness, and it is with great pleasure we wish you a Happy Birthday in return! Thank you for your friendship and care! Love, Cindy and Dianne." (it was all nicely done with felts and such, and had a green dolphin drawing)

Andrea: "Happy Birthday! Thanks for being such a thoughtful friend. Although we don't hang out as often as we would like, I've come to really appreciate you and your beautiful character. Your cheerfulness with the kids at church is a reflection to me of the joy you have in serving them. May God draw you closer to Him this coming year, and may He bless you richly. I pray that our friendship would grow in the love and light of Christ. Hope you enjoy the Zen tea and like the note tote. Love, Andrea."


Christmas 2006

Julie Ste. (julie709): "Have a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :)"

Deborah Goldman (depine1pssets): "Warmest thoughts and best wishes for a wonderful holiday and a very Happy New Year. Have a great 2007! Debbie."

Taru Rouvinen (tarutar): "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!"

Natalie Hy. (chibi_blackie): "Hi Leslie! Thank you for your card! I got it quite early. Anyway, I thought that you deserved to get a card back! I don't watch much anime, but I might in the spring because I'm taking a Modern Japan class in the spring. It might inspire me. Have a Merry Christmas!"


Kaitlin O. (norsk): "Leslie! AKA Flami! Hellooo! I just found a bunch of construction paper and it's awesome, so I've been writing to everyone on it. (I had a lot of stuff to write to a lot of people!) Okay, I'll be back to writing after dinner, hopefully... either that, or I'll just go online, heh. Unfortunately, it'll probably be the latter. ADDICT!

Ah. Yes. So apparently I haven't gone online. Hahaha. I just cleaned my floor; it was exhilarating. Oops. Sorry about that random line up there. I was moving my paper, I forget why, and my pen just like attacked it! It was like RAWR! Haha. True story. So anyway, I don't have any cool stuff about the city I live in to show you, unfortunately. It's not that cool in itself, though. Just a bunch of huge houses and trees and a bunch of Chick-Fil-A's and stuff. Speaking of which, they're hiring and I'm totally considering applying (even if I've sworn I'd like never work in a fast food place...)

Have you had Asiago cheese? I just learned from this commercial how to say it (I definitely thought it was "Asia go"), and I'm pretty sure that's the kind of cheese that I despise... Okay, why do my margins always get bigger as I go along? Ugh. I guess I always write at a slant. Well, it's my tradition to draw a masterpiece on the back of all of my letters, so be sure to look there, although I really have no idea what to draw. Hmmm... today I've drawn eyes and the goth son... I guess I'll draw another eye and see what randomly appears in my mind after that. I still love your handwriting! Kaitlin (AKA norsk @ GJ)"

[she included a drawing of the moon and stars on the back of the bubble-wrap envelope, and a drawing of a cool eye and some lady with a long neck on the back of the envelope! "Long neck... Apparently, the eye turned into a person! That works. The Majesty of The Night Sky! Wow. That's the best moon-face I've ever drawn! :)"]


Carmina (on_the_ground): "Hi Leslie! I'm very glad for having the opportunity to wish you again this year a great time these holidays with all the people that you care about. I also hope that all your dreams for the next year will come true. My Best Wishes. And here I send you some stickers for you and the boy you talked about that I hope are good enough - TAKE CARE! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2007! ¡Feliz Navidad!"

Matt K. (jarethshair): "I hope you have a fantastic holiday season and a truly wonderful New Year. Yours, Matt. xx"

Denise Morris (rostand): "And they say you can't meet anyone nice over the Internet. Happy Holidays!"

Alessandra Poletti (dru_it): "Wishing you Christmas surprises and lots of sweet dreams come true! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!"

Sheryll Tow. (sheryll): "Hi, Leslie. The card seemed appropriate, considering the amount of snow you got. Hope the stickers survived the folding! Merry Christmas!"

Kelli Ellis (neonrose5): "Hi Leslie! I finally got around to opening my Christmas boxes, and lo and behold, there was the card you sent me last year! I hope everything has been well with you this past year. Best wishes to you and yours this holiday season."

Jamie Re. (corporatebeach): "Leslie - It's been fun getting to know you. There's so much to learn! No, you don't post that much. At least it's an interesting read. I don't always go for those memes. :) And yes - I still do those smiley faces... even HERE --> :) Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!"

Lyndsey Nicholson (fenellaevangela): "Leslie! Would you believe that rainbow stickers are hard to find? I went all over town looking for some! I finally found ONE store with ONE pack left. Hopefully you aren't violently opposed to unicorns. :D Anyway, happy holidays! P.S. I loved your card! Thanks for the postcard, too. :)"

Samara (mystic_notions): "Leslie, I hope things are going well for you, and that the weather has returned to normal for you West Coasters. While you guys were getting all that snow, we had some weird wet weather. It was like BC and MB switched places. I would much rather have the snow... you can keep the winter rain. :) Merry Christmas! I wish you all the best for 2007. Take care!"

Vania: "Hey Leslie! Didn't get to see as much of you this year as I'd have liked, but that's the beauty of the church family. There's always next year... and the next... and the next... Merry Christmas!"

Kristin Brenemen (wyldkyss): "Merry Christmas, Leslie. I got the cards in the mail. Thank you!! I hope you have an enjoyable holiday. :)"

Marilynn Schm. (_angel_of_nite_): "Happy Holidays, my dearest online friend. May you receive gifts that never end. May you eat a lot of food that you probably won't hold for you may explode... But I already said that speech for Turkey Day. So I will continue with what I have to say. Have fun this holiday season. Don't let anybody else's reason stop you from doing so. I'll have a good time in the hail while you have a better time in the snow. So cheers to being great online friends on this joyful holiday! Sadly, this is where the poem ends. Until we meet, I wish you a wonderful day. Luv always."

Jenessa (cuteapple): "Love yourself first. Everything is connected."

Steve and Carol: "Happy Holidays!"

card from Candy

Marie: "Hi, Leslie / Flami! A very merry Christmas to you."

Jenna (jennaxrose): "Happy holidays!"

Nyssa (giggles19): "Hope you have an awesome holiday season. Glad that I friended you this year. I find your journal hilarious sometimes!"

Billy S. (fdolarhyde13): "Dear Leslie, I hope you have a wonderful holiday up there in the great white north. I hope also that this new year brings you many great things."

Janina (mrshannibal): "Merry Christmas and a wonderful new year - may your wishes comes true!"

Auntie Esther: "Dear Leslie, Have a blessed Christmas! Thanks so much for the book. I'll enjoy it during the Christmas break. :)" (she included a plaque with Romans 8:39 on it, and some other stuff detailed in What I Got For Christmas 2006)

Dylan: "Dear Leslie, I'm following your example and writing cards to all my friends to encourage them and let them know that someone's thinking about them. Thanks for always remembering my birthday even when I don't remember myself! I hope we will have a fun time together in the new year while being part of the same Bible Study group. But for the next little while, I'll wish you Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!"

Randal: "Dear Leslie, Thanks for all the ways that you help brighten things up in our fellowship... like your crazy sense of humor, your birthday cards, and always remembering to wear your Santa Claus hat for Christmas. You are a light to the world around you. May the love of Jesus always burn brightly within you. God bless! Randal."

Sheena: "Dear Leslie, Merry Christmas! Hope you have a great winter holiday planned with friends and family! You're such a thoughtful person to remember everyone's birthday. May God continue to bless people through you, Leslie! Have a wonderful time celebrating God's love for us! Love, Sheena."

Cindy and Dianne: "Merry Christmas!! Your smile is contagious. Thank you for being a great friend to us!"

Denise, Brian, and Julie: "Merry Christmas!! Have a great new year!"

Soleta: "Leslie, Merry Christmas! Thank you so much for the cute card! It looks great on my wall. :) I hope you get many wishes fulfilled! May 2007 bring much happiness and success."

Chris (dingo727): "Dear Leslie, Stay warm up there, and I will see you on the nerd box. Yours truly, Chris."

Sara W. (sparkle_bint): "Dear Leslie, Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy new year! Love from Sara. xxx"

Kitty (bornwitch): "Hello, Leslie. I hope you will have a great Christmas, and that all your wishes for 2007 will come true. I hope that when I get used to my new REAL LIFE, it will get easier for me to get online more. I miss nattering with you!"

Amy C. (letmypidgeonsgo): "I didn't write on the postcard in case you wanted it blank or whatever." (New York's Empire State Building)

John (snooooopy): "Canucks Rule!" (the C was a nice approximation of the hockey logo, haha)

Sandra (thepooloftears): "Leslie, I thought it was neat that we both live in Richmonds. :) I'm hoping to start doing volunteer work with kids and animals while I take a semester off from school. I spend WAY too much time on my computer too. Do you play any games? Anyway, this isn't really enough space for a letter, but Merry Christmas! P.S. I loved the postcard. Thank you! :)"

Jennifer (tehgreenfairy): "Hi Leslie!! It is good to finally write you too! I wish I could keep up better on LJ! Maybe in 2007, haha. Much love!"

Ana (glamourcorpse): "Have a very very Happy New Year! Sincerely, Anastasia."

Taru (sinnarn): "Hi. Here's a Finnish treat for you - salmiakki licorice. Sisu means spite, strength that Finnish folklore says we're full of. Horna is a poetic way to say Hell. So this is basically candy from Hell... enjoy! Happy New Year!"

Katya (katzk): "Leslie - Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I hope the new year 2007 brings you positive changes, new friends, and exciting adventures... but also time to just relax and enjoy every moment of life. Hugs, Katya. (katzk @ LJ)"


Special 2006

Anita and Jeff: "Dear Leslie and Stephanie: Thanks so much for celebrating our wedding with us! Your presence made it extra special! Thanks so much also for the Corningware dish! Jeff loves it as he gets served delicious food in it! Love, Anita and Jeff."

Total: 65

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home