Friday, January 12, 2007

Taking directives too literally / Internet Addiction / KFC Macaroni Salad

Hahaha. Sarah G. (Tonks) just asked me what my "website with all the emoticon things" was. I think I'll certainly link her to my Photobucket smiley album, which is full of the ones I stole from my ex-friend Erik that time! *evil grin* (I don't know nor particularly care why that person disappeared from the board! :P)

Note to self: Now when replying to comments via Gmail from the townhouse: open new windows for both LJ and GJ, log into both sites, open another new window, and copy and paste the reply option link from the Gmail thing into the new window. Doesn't work the way I did it before... and further slows down my productivity! Speaking of productivity, this week is a wash as far as tagging work's concerned... damn! =/ (or maybe I just have a problem with staying logged in on this computer for like the first time ever...)


So my brother and sister picked me up last night to see the James Bond film. I arrived in time to hear Jon tell Harmony via phone about how Isabel and Steph ("his dumb sister") take things too literally during worship / Resonate practice. He had given out this directive to the guitarists: "Take out the E's on How Great Is Our God! (by Chris Tomlin)" So Isabel and Steph think it's a great idea to literally cross out all the instances of the letter E on the songsheet, and even try singing the song like that. Enjoying worship practice is good, but it's not good to sing it like that / do the Powerpoint slides like that during Sunday service / Resonate! Then I brought up that "it's" error on the Powerpoint slide whenever Daniel does MARVELOUS LIGHT (by Charlie Hall), and said that I refuse to sing that part now just because of the error. Jon said that it was a major pet peeve of his, and that there was some other error in another song Daniel leads: a letter had been left off the end of a word, and it happened to change the entire meaning of that line! (they were all laughing at that one pretty hard during service when it first came up!) I told Steph about money transfers, and she sorta gave me that jersey she let me borrow on Sunday, so that was cool. :D

Then we got to the townhouse, where certain things were said that I didn't agree with. Is it so hard to tell me these things beforehand so at least I know what to expect? Why couldn't they just say beforehand: "It would be better if you slept over tonight because your dad has to work tomorrow, and the movie ends late"?! Geez... :P

Maybe I can get home tonight and talk about the James Bond plot twists with someone who's actually seen it (well, I hope he has) since.... y'know... I was DEPRIVED of that experience last night! (I know my family's seen it - Steph said she and Vivian didn't - but it's not the same, haha... maybe I'll just read the IMDB message boards for that movie!)

The movie was interesting: nothing is quite as it seems, haha. Then it was back to the townhouse (with Jon and Mom helping me on the ice) for a restless night. Don't know whether it was from sleeping on a couch, or because I wasn't in my own bed. Hitting my head on the desk when I tried going to bed didn't help... the light switch for the third floor is on the wall as you go up the stairs, and not even in the room itself! That has got to be the most RETARDED placement EVER for a light switch! (did I mention the lamp in the room doesn't work, either? :P) Now, I'm still here because I don't want to take the bus home in the ice... I don't want to brave the ice near Oakridge, either! Someone please remind me how much I hate parental assumptions / frozen-over ice / cold weather in general the next time I want to go out in these conditions...

Sure, I got black pants / lunch / a Grizzlies hat (SO OLD!) / lots of popcorn / the movie / chocolate, other candy, and candy canes / crackers and snacks like Altoids and such out of it... but I'm still not impressed! :P


You Are 57% Addicted to the Internet

You're somewhat addicted to the internet - but who isn't?
You can keep it under check, and you're by no means a hermit.



KFC Macaroni Salad

The Macaroni Salad that Colonel Sanders used to use is listed below. The recipe is just the basic recipe. However, it has been altered many times.

1 lb Elbows Macaroni
1/4 cup Carrots, chopped fine
1 tablespoon Minced Onion
1/4 cup Celery, chopped fine
2 cups Food Service Coleslaw Dressing
dash White Pepper
1 teaspoon pickle relish

Cook macaroni noodles in a big pot of water for 12 to 15 minutes. Drain and place in a bowl with ice water, and cool for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, combine all of the above. Refrigerate for 2 hours.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home