Saturday, December 02, 2006

Goals, snow, beer / November 2006 BBT Tally

Right after that last post, Eric called to tell me to get ready. It was a pre-emptive call because he pulled up just as I walked out to the parking lot. When I got in the car, he blamed me for (among other things) the Canucks' lack of goal production. It's not MY fault the team only scores one or two goals a game! (later, he told me that he expected them to score six against Edmonton tomorrow... if not, it would be my fault!) We discussed other crazy things like Purell smell, it being "too cold" to tobaggon, the snowy driving conditions (especially on Monday), my complaints about the snowy sidewalks (why did I go out again?!), my computer case being hard to open (for me), the baseball commissioner, and things like that. I didn't ask him about the motherboard thing, but maybe next time.

We went to Bible Study, with Eric walking right behind me as we went into church. He told me to be careful getting out, which I appreciated. Paid for our Bible Study books, and said hey to Jeremy and others. Vivian had to go to school for a 30-minute evaluation, and it took her three hours to get home! Christon woke up, listened to the radio, found out UBC was closed because it had no power, and went back to sleep. I have a feeling that I should get to know Martin better, but it's kinda hard to do when I have other things competing for my attention. Besides, he seems pretty well entrenched with the Dawn-Vivian-Dylan crowd... so perhaps not, heh. Bible Study with the new group wasn't too bad, so maybe this will be good. Gave Christmas cards to Jen and Eric, who thought his was something for his birthday (which was a long time ago) or something far in advance of his next birthday. Thank goodness he's aware I don't usually operate like that!

Talked about our passions in life and our reactions to hearing bad news about people we loved. I took the same thing as Jon: Nathan's mom dying. Then I took Jen and Jon's "environment" passion and expanded that to include God's people. After Bible Study, I managed to thank Jeremy again for helping me (coming to my rescue?) last week; he didn't say anything about it, but that's fine. Eric asked what THAT was about, so I had to tell him it was about the ugfart's party. Went upstairs to see what people were doing after Resonate (Jon thought the music was pretty good without him there), and literally bumped into Esther from the Richmond church. She and a friend were blocking the available space in the entrance to the sanctuary right by the snack table: shrimp crackers, chocolate, and more! (at first, I thought the shrimp crackers were fries when I saw them in Christon and Karen's Styrofoam cups, haha) After telling them where the filtered water and church kitchen was (and a better way to get there that involved going through the sanctuary and downstairs instead of going down two staircases and the basement), I said hey to Lucas and Stanley: Stanley's failing a class with only 30% on the quizzes... not good, dude!

I noted Cordia and Joyce bugging each other, so asked them what they were doing. Quan told me that they were bonding in sisterly love: sure, sure! Jeremy termed some others "crazy kids" after they made lots of noise: I agreed! We discussed weird college courses we'd seen online: Madonna, Batman, and the history of anime! (Jeremy would like that one even if he only likes a small sub-set of the whole thing, hahaha... Jon knows about the popularity of COWBOY BEBOP and NEON GENESIS EVANGELION even though he doesn't watch it... the people that do are pretty passionate about it!) Talked to Vanessa about politics (Jon's Toronto friends are REALLY political, but his Vancouver friends aren't), which caused Steph to run away. She attempted to come back after we'd discussed post-modern literature with Daniel, but they were still talking about it. ("Run away!") Steph was wearing an Atlanta Thrashers Dany Heatley jersey: just one of 45 in her collection! At first, she told us not to leave without her, but she went home with Ivan and the other Richmond people instead when Jon announced his intentions of going to Dragon Ball, which had closed down till Nov. 24 because of the "boil water" advisory.

We went downstairs for a bit, where Jeremy came up with a most revolutionary idea: THE ANTI-CONSUMERISM STORE! ("You know how they have Buy Nothing Day? They should have a Buy Nothing Store! You can have a shopping experience by pushing the cart around, but you can't buy anything! Then again, how would they operate / stay in business?") Others were talking about how Tim Horton's had no cover charge, and was open 24 hours. After a while, we went to Dragon Ball: Jon told me that the sidewalk wasn't that slippery, and Jeremy had to slide over on the way back to the car to make room for me in the back seat. The guys amused themselves by thinking of alternate names for a Starbucks-like shop: Celebrity-Dollar, DREGS ("we don't understand why no one buys our 25-cent coffee since we pass the savings on to you!"), etc. Jeremy complained that his face was cold, especially his nose (it's an extremity, dude... of COURSE it's going to be cold!): luckily, his hands were pretty warm so he could warm it up! (Eric confirmed that later after he put his ski gloves on the wrong way, and Jeremy wanted to try that too!)

Saw my OLD friends Judy and Marian at Dragon Ball: Andrew K.'s sister and Joe Wu's sister. They didn't recognize my brother at all, heh. Guess he's changed a lot from when he was a little kid, which is probably the last time they saw him! I got starfruit-cranberry (changed from cranberry-mango), Eric got blueberry-banana, Jon got papaya-lychee, and Jeremy got longan-starfruit. Tried some of Jeremy's and Jon's after I let them try some of mine... it's what we do! Jon had a copy of the GEORGIA STRAIGHT, and reminisced about the time when Smashing Pumpkins / Billy Corgan was really popular. Then Jon and Jeremy did a credible Raine Maida imitation on the Our Lady Peace song SUPERMAN'S DEAD. (I think that grew out of a discussion on LIFE AFTER GOD and superheroes) Eric tried balancing a bubble tea drink on my head: I'm not surprised, since he tries dancing stuffed animals on my head whenever we're at Nathan's! We talked about our plans for tomorrow, and what time we woke up normally: sleeping in, horrible snow stories, Awana, Alan Liu coming in from Malaysia, Mom not approving of three hours spent drinking beer (and her weird idea that Alan / his girlfriend / Steph living with me for two weeks), teaching, etc.

We left before midnight, and discussed gas prices (102.4 vs. 99.9 across the street) and my "You too..." directed at Jon and Eric when they said something weird about me. Eric thought I said something about Youtube, Jon thought I said something about U2, but Jeremy came the closest: "She said YOU TWO... you know, Y-O-U and the numeral 2... as in T-W-O!" Since that was close enough, I let it slide. Then I told them about a site I'd seen called KILL EVERYONE, heh. Told Jeremy that HE better not start on questioning my sanity! :P We stopped for a bit at Jeremy's (no skidding on side streets for us!) while Jon went in to grab three bottles of Jeremy's porter which is apparently really good. Mom will probably want to try some, but she always thinks the beer Jon brings home is gross. :P Then I went kinda crazy, but they took it in stride. Eric's radio went in and out as usual when we tried to listen to the CBC and jazz... oh well.

Hey, my bubble tea was free tonight! Since I have another card with all ten stamps filled in, I can get another free one next time we go. They have nice-looking new stamp cards now, and I should get one when I redeem the old one! My two free bubble teas this month should help a bit with the money situation: I know it's only a bit less than eight dollars, but it counts! Jeremy was almost like me the last couple times we went and forgot to take his number card initially. I made reference to that when he asked if he was supposed to take that, heh. Eric's not buying any church Christmas cards since he doesn't really give them out, and his parents would probably feel weird sending cards with Chinese on them. Heh, I can understand that! Not sure if I would buy them from the Chinese fellowship even if the dollar per card does support the church building fund, heh. Guess we'll see! At least I won't be asking Henry to drive me all over town to nowhere tomorrow, which is a good thing! I don't see why Eric would be complaining about the Purell smell (other than that it's powerful coming from my knapsack or hands) because it doesn't give him any seizures or problems... no, I am not going to bathe in it, buddy!


MONTHLY BUBBLE TEA TALLY, NOVEMBER 2006 (2)

peach-pudding with pearls and coconut jelly @ Dragon Ball (Friday, Nov. 3)
black plum-honeydew with pearls and coconut jelly @ Dragon Ball (Friday, Nov. 10)


Taken from Sarah G., via Myspace bulletin... what does my middle name mean?

C: You are really silly.
H: You have very good personality and good looks.
I: You are great in bed.

W: You are very broadminded.
A: You like to drink.
H: You have very good personality and good looks.

Hahaha. It really means "cigar tree / catalpa tree."


A: You like to drink.
B: You like people.
C: You are really silly.
D: You like to drink.
E: Damn good kisser.
F: You are dead sexy.
G: You never let people tell you what to do.
H: You have very good personality and good looks.
I: You are great in bed.
J: People adore you.
K: You're wild and crazy.
L: Everyone loves you.
M: Best kisser ever.
N: You like to drink.
O: Awesome kisser.
P: You are popular with all types of people.
Q: You are a hypocrite.
R: Freakin' crazy.
S: Easy to fall in love with.
T: You're loyal to those you love.
U: You really like to chill.
V: You are not judgmental.
W: You are very broadminded.
X: You never let people tell you what to do.
Y: Best girlfriend / boyfriend anyone could ever ask for.
Z: Always ready.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home