Saturday, December 02, 2006

Amusing non-words, Teen Girl Squad, rhymes, blogs, marriage

I encountered another amusing non-word today: "desilusiolated." Context: "they don't want to post more there because they are very desilusiolated on how this board is." Reminds me of the time Eric thought I said "euthanaiouus" instead of "euphonious," haha. Of course he knew what that meant since he's a musician and all. :D

There's no hope for a certain peanut butter-slathered shirt sleeve, so I'll just junk the shirt. I knew I shouldn't have worn that shirt out to ping-pong night. *sigh* (at least it wasn't the Engrish / dragon-snake shirts or anything else I seriously liked) Last night, we were talking about gum, which somehow segued into a discussion about the Teen Girl Squad (Homestar Runner) and verbs such as "sworded" and "guitared." I think it was because I brought up the Miller beer box with "fridge" as a verb right on it: dumbing down of society, indeed...

Okay, so I'm leaving a certain place AGAIN. Not sure why I re-joined in the first place, but at least I'm not leaving because of the drama! Reading my friends page will be much easier now, as a plus! Nobody had better message me with "your / you're" errors, either.. it's funny how I'll let them slide with certain people, but today is one of THOSE days. (I knew I shouldn't have stayed up so late...)


Checked blogs: I still can't read Jen's. Ugh. Spoz has presented his weekender adventures to us in sepia film format... haha, it's creative! "Dedicated to the memory of himself," indeed... simple things like this amuse me! Vivian has a few UBC snow day pictures up: icicle fountains, yay! She also has some PEARLS BEFORE SWINE comic up... stream-of-consciousness, anyone? (I should NOT try writing in that style, otherwise I'd have no readers left, haha!) In her list of "bring Christmas on!" items, I could SWEAR that I read something about "I've been ushering for two weeks solid now," when in fact she has done no such thing. It was really "the quickly imminent ushering in of December"... that's it. I think that I will SLEEP after Henry brings me home from Awana tonight! (but I probably won't, sigh)

Dawn has musings about the time and darkness, money and rent (legitimate ways of making money?), Ralph Wiggums from THE SIMPSONS and how she relates to him, missing China, and nursery rhymes. Seems her boyfriend Eni made one up himself since he didn't grow up with such stuff as Mother Goose: let's just say it isn't the type of thing you'd read to your child at bedtime, haha. Dave is / was in Colorado, and counted three Asians so far: one may have been a white dude with hepatitis, which is scary when you think about it. Then he said that he was tired... he knew that since he lost two games in a row playing tic-tac-toe against the computer. Seriously. Who loses to anyone in tic-tac-toe after the second grade?

I have my own version of that. You know you're tired when you put a pot on the stove and set it to "boil," thinking that you've put water in it already! (as happened to me just now) Thank goodness I caught it before it became a real fire hazard! Time to eat my noodles now... maybe I actually have time to take a shower, too!


You Are 45% Ready for Marriage

You aren't quite ready for marriage, but you're getting close.
You still have a few relationship issues to work out - whether it's with your current partner or someone new.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home