Saturday, September 02, 2006

Encyclopedia Dramatica and furries / Ben & Jerry's Fresh Georgia Peach Ice Cream

Note: LJ Battle Royale Weapons Assignment blogquiz, by Luke.

Thank goodness for autosaves! :D

I said it a couple of entries ago, and I'll say it again with more emphasis: CosmicJohn is seriously annoying, and needs to DIE NOW. In response to my spelling / grammar corrections (or anything!) in an LJ News post, he's posted pictures of gruesome murder scenes and furries engaged in graphic sex, among other such trash. (see Page 2 onwards... I ain't linking that stuff here!) Uh yeah, I don't need to look at that! (I remember a time when I inadvertently linked to Goatse in a news post, but that was when I wanted to know what was behind a link that Corey had sent me... I'm not as immature as that other dude is!)

I got at least 26 of those comments tonight, so I did the smart thing and deleted them without responding... that's what they want, after all. I'm sure as heck not going to respond to the insults and screenshots, especially if they feature some screenshots of an article on me in Encyclopedia Dramatica! Apparently, Corey has removed it and edited the profiles of both people that made / edited said article. Of course, he figures they'll change it back as soon as they notice... I agree! (yup, they reverted it a mere eight minutes later...)

In other news, I called Jon and Eric earlier tonight. The first time, Jon said to call back later since they had too much stuff going on at the moment: insisting that people from my group WERE there tonight, figuring out who was going to Dragon Ball, thinking that I needed to wash my hair / get a new landline phone for my bedroom, talking to people in general, trying to NOT let me get stranded tomorrow, etc.

So then I called them back about half an hour later, when they were finally at Dragon Ball. Jon said that he'd seen Karen Choo during worship, but he had no idea what she'd done afterwards. He'll be stranded without a car tomorrow, so he said I could count on Eric. Eric insisted that Randal was a part of my group and was there tonight (he's helping with one of the other groups now, which is why!), and also that I didn't show up even when he called me earlier. (NO MEANS NO, dude...) At any rate, he said that he'd pick me up around 5:50 in the afternoon to go to Phil's for Korean food... I'll turn my phone on after I get up, for sure!


Ben & Jerry's Fresh Georgia Peach Ice Cream

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 1 Preparation Time: 0:00
Categories: Desserts, Fruits, Copycat

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

2 cups ripe peaches -- finely chopped
1 1/4 cups Sugar
1/2 Juice of lemon
2 large Eggs
2 cups Heavy or whipping cream
1 cup Milk

This is the best way to capture the elusive flavor of summertime. Ben and Jerry prefer small peaches because they have more flavor and less water than the larger ones. Combine the peaches, 1/2 cup of the sugar, and the lemon juice in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, stirring the mixture every 30 minutes. Remove the peaches from the refrigerator and drain the juice into another bowl. Return the peaches to the refrigerator. Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy. Whisk in the remaining 3/4 cup sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more. Pour in the cream and milk and whisk to blend. Add the peach juice and blend. Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following manufacturer's instructions. After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is done) add the peaches, then continue freezing until the ice cream is ready. Makes 1 generous quart.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home