Friday, September 01, 2006

Waking up too early (again), beer / age / drunk dogs / light / devil with trident

I don't know why I'm up this early, particularly since I attempted to get some sleep at 2:30 while Corey was making Fiddle Faddle and Screaming Yellow Zonkers from the 300 recipes. He wanted me to suggest something simple that he could make in the middle of the night from what he had on hand. So I suggested KFC mashed potatoes: he wasn't too impressed, and said he was making candy instead. Fine by me!

While I'm here, I might as well say that I love how varied the cards are at the places where I get them. There are old favorites, which I recognize and buy at least once a year... I have this thing where every card I buy has to be different, unless there are no other alternatives in the card display. Nathan's card last year was one featuring three dogs (that looked DRUNK on SLB) with party streamers and noisemakers ("AWESOME"): that design will go to Sheena.

Teunis' yellow card last year featured some dude with a black mask by a birthday cake: "DO NOT LOOK INTO THE LIGHT! Didn't want to risk blinding you with your birthday cake! Happy Birthday!" That design will go to Rich even though he's only a year older than I am, haha. Corey's orange-and-green card last year featured the devil with a silver trident and a lot of money: "I shall fill this card with heaps of cash to feed your every greedy desire! [on inside] On second thought, you're far too sweet to succumb to temptation! Just have a really happy birthday!" Heh... that design will go to Nina!

Oh, and I also got "beer and age" cards for Jon and Jeremy: I think I'll alternate the years on this one, heh. This one features great drawings of a boy / man throughout life, and features musings about beer: "Age 7: What's a beer? Age 17: I wish someone would buy me a beer. Age 27: I love beer! Age 37: I prefer wine over beer! Age 67: These crazy kids and their beer. Age 97: What's a beer? Your birthday's here, so have a - well, you know... Enjoy!" Then on the back, there's a drawing of a grave: THAT features the dead guy thinking "I could go for a beer..." Hahaha, that card is perfect for those two! :D (even though I feel as if I've spent too much money already, as per usual when I go out... eepers!)

At least I can play Bookworm while I wait for a suitable time to call certain people...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home