Saturday, August 19, 2006

No, I don't want to talk with you simply because we're riding the same bus! / Meeting Nina's son

Note to my fellow transit riders: If someone is CLEARLY otherwise preoccupied (such as with READING A BOOK), you do NOT try engaging them in conversation! Just because I look up from my book to see where I am does NOT mean that I want to interact with people on the bus! I don't know what it is with stupid idiots these days, but I was unlucky enough to encounter one each on my rides to / from Metrotown. The girl on the way over to the mall noticed the book I was reading (the Book of Lists that Melissa's family got me for Christmas), and asked me about it from across the aisle. I ignored her, and then she hailed me at Starbucks in the mall from another table like we were the greatest of friends.... aiyoh!

Since Nina and I were sitting at one of the few tables there, I also ignored her and didn't suggest we move... luckily, she left soon afterwards. (Hello! I'm with SOMEONE ELSE having a tangerine frappuccino / chai latte! Obviously, I don't want to talk to others!) Then there was this old woman on the way home who wanted to know why I was playing with my hair... I contented myself with glaring at her and moving a few seats behind her so I wouldn't be bothered.

I'll post two more stories in their own posts tonight, one related and the other not. I just want to have them here in case the other place I put them shuts down or something. o_O


I just had to get that rant out of my system, heh. Aside from that, seeing Nina again was pretty good. I met her son Dylan, who was pretty cute and kinda shy. According to Nina, he'll warm up really well if he sees me a couple times more: maybe it's time to take her up on the invitation to come visit her place in Surrey, haha. I also met her mother when we were on the way to Starbucks to talk: she seems like a nice lady. (she hasn't been really out since a year ago because of Dylan's care, but now that his dad has him on Sundays from 10-5 and Wednesdays from 5-7, why not?) Nina and I talked about Terrence (from Singapore), Jon, Eric, and Steph teasing me about my upcoming birthday. At least I called Terry (Chung's friend) "old man" while giving him his birthday card yesterday, har har... the one and only time I'll get to do that!

Then we moved on to the topic of her ex, who seems out to get close to her again / doesn't understand joint custody agreements. Nina herself doesn't want to communicate with him (because of what he's done to her) except through writing, which is what the judge ordered and what she'll do. But he sent her a text message on her birthday, which she didn't like at all. Apparently, he also wants to take Dylan on overnighters before he's legally allowed to: he and her her brother Rick (who's the only one that will talk to him... their dad HATES him now!) spent half an hour arguing in her driveway once when he came to pick up the kid! Nina's family called her lawyer AND his lawyer, who upheld their position: he can't get her to pick up the kid / drop him off at his place! She wouldn't want to, anyhow... she won't worry about kidnapping, but knows it's a possibility which her family will fight for sure! Nina's just doing the access thing so that Dylan won't blame her when he's older for not having his father in his life: as long as he comes home happy and unhurt, that's all she cares about!

She's finished the first step in changing all her ID back to her maiden name, which reminds me that I need to renew my stuff too before my birthday! Nina asked when my birthday was, and remembered the surprise birthday party that my sister attempted to throw me in 2001. She thinks we ought to do something for my birthday, so we'll see. I told her where I was last night, and about Dragon Ball... the order number placards at Starbucks reminded me of the ones Dragon Ball has. She seems open to the idea of meeting my friends at church, though I'd never ask her to go against her culture! When I gave her the #18 Bathroom Reader, she seemed really happy to have it, and said that I didn't have to get her anything... but she did thank me again for calling to wish her a happy birthday! (hey, it's what I do!)

When I finally got home (getting off a 430 bus that I didn't need to get off in the first place since it changed to a 407), I had an MSN buzz from Candy. Wonder what she wants, but I'm not going to be too bothered by it, heh. Now I'm just talking to Corey and chilling... I called my parents just now, and they said they have to be at the hotel 15 minutes earlier tomorrow morning! Oh man... I seriously need my sleep, Bon's breakfast or not!!!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home