Monday, August 14, 2006

Hamlet, Limo, skunks, smoking, books, photos, and more!

Note: LJ Ben and Jerry's flavors / what I really want from life and my LJ friends / LJ friends as TV shows blogquizzes. (by Chrissy, Tori, and Doggie Ear Lover)


The potluck at Jen's was pretty cool. We discussed many topics, including the PNE / hops / yeast / Jen's personal life (Prince George?) / Hamlet getting sprayed by a skunk / VBS / Dawn's new boyfriend (met in Beijing?) / how Jen's dog Hamlet reminded us of Dawn's old dog Limo. Jeremy offered his homemade beer to everyone, and asked me (by name) how I liked it: it was pretty good. The house is very nice, with all sorts of Asian / artsy stuff. Apparently, Auntie Beatrice has a book contract till 2020... so she'll work on the history stuff when she's done her adventure trips in a few years. She showed us these photo albums of the Peru dig, deserts, Libya, Bolivia, skulls, prehistoric drawings, camels, etc. Jen showed people her Kenya photo album too. All the guys were playing / watching a Big Two game and the girls were just talking about their personal lives, which led Jen's mom to wonder about the gender segregation.

We ate outside for a while (had an English dish called "toad in the hole") until the bugs started to become too much for me and Danielle... we had water, red wine, beer, and other stuff too. Eric M. came late since he'd just come home from Vernon and a wedding: SALAD! (in his words: "they went through with it," haha) The guys were also bugging the girls with James Blunt and Weird Al parodies, haha. (YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL / YOU'RE PITIFUL bootlegged on his own website!) Dallas was rather engrossed in a WALRUS magazine, too...

Andrea and Chuck came after we'd switched the background music from Neko Case to the Chemical Brothers (BLOCK ROCKIN' BEATS / SETTING SUN), and just as Jen came in from a smoke break. (Jen also discussed Björk with Jon and Jeremy before she went back outside to make a phone call on her cell) Vania noticed the smell of smoke, and commented on it... we didn't say anything to her at the time, maybe because Auntie Beatrice was in the room! I did notice a rather large "[symbol for no smoking allowed] PLEASE!" sign on the fridge, though! (on the way over, Steph and I discussed Ben and Anthony smoking... she thinks they're trying to quit, and I *have* noticed the smell on Ben at least) People wondered why Terry wasn't there, but the potluck conflicted with his birthday. We also wondered what we'd be doing next week for Fellowship: apparently, Chung's telling us about the church building. I asked Eric if he could give me a ride to the grad banquet next week (Steph's going from work and will roast Erin: SO MUCH MATERIAL!)... he probably can, so that's fine.

I also discussed tomorrow's "Chinese Eric birthday hangout" plans with Jon and Nathan: work, Musica Intima concert, Riverport, saving money, movies, Ironwood Library, buses, etc. Looking it up on the Translink website, it appears that I can get to Ironwood by 7:15 if I leave by 6:30 and take the Garden City bus. Sweet! (I could go all the way to Riverport, except I don't know what we'd be doing there!) So once I get to the library, I'll call Nathan since he's working near there. Should be fine.. Eric M. is doing something else beforehand or whatever, so he can't drive me. Yeah, I *could* get Chinese Eric to pick me up, but I dunno... ooh, I have email on that. Eric wants us to meet at 7-ish... that ain't happening! Jon says he and Eric M. will just skip dinner and head out to join us afterwards... I should save money too, come to think of it. OSF has good specials, but still. Eh, I'll see...

Nathan blamed his random thoughts on the alcohol, and his face was really red after some red wine. Steph had to verify whether I went crazy at family dinners after some alcohol... hey, she described me to Jon's Toronto friends as "the entertainment" on New Year's! At least I handle it better than Mom, most of the time! (if we're not talking about potent wine coolers!) Steph grabbed random beers on our way to Jen's, and the India Pale Ale was something only Jon and Jeremy would like. Mom's mango pudding was really good, and the black forest cake I got was great too! (I have cake leftovers and you don't...) Good times... we signed the guestbook, also. :D (on the way home, we discussed Net neutrality ["the Internet is made up of a bunch of tubes!" says a senator] / construction / my craziness)


Name
Age
Hippy?
Gender
Favorite Movie
Faction you belong toPargolian - You want a united Tinis, damn it!
Your jobCheese Master
Chances of promotionJust waiting for the word to assume the presidency
Likelihood of your death during the Civil War
97%
This Fun Quiz created by James at BlogQuiz.Net
Aquarius Horoscope at DailyHoroscopes.Biz

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home