Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Eating lots of Chinese food at a potluck, and going around with little kids to a green washroom

I finished Beneath A Steel Sky last night... it took me long enough to figure out how to pull the metal bar above the lava pit, though! Interesting little game, though. :) (yes, you can die in this one... thank goodness for my "save instinct" which kicked in at most of the right times, heh!)

I had a dream last night that involved a whole bunch of my friends going to a narrow-looking house for a potluck, but it was really quite spacious inside. There was lots of food provided: noodles, rice, Chinese mushrooms, green melons, bok choy, big pieces of chicken, jellyfish, etc. I remember sitting next to Jeremy (in a dark shirt) at the corner of a table, giving up some chicken to Connie (in a white shirt), pointing out the desserts to Lesley (in a black shirt), and taking care of Danny's (in a white shirt) stuff for him while he went off somewhere. Then I had to go to the washroom, but the main one was full of people, so Hannah and Priscilla led me to one downstairs through a hallway full of kids: it was backlit green thanks to a switch installed in the room. I woke up when I was back at the table discussing stuff with Jeremy and others.

Man, this dream is making me hungry for something to eat! (like Chinese food, although I'll have to go out for that...) My next food shopping appointment is next Thursday (Aug. 12) at 12:30, so I'd best remember that. As for the party on the 8th, I think I'll just stay out after the dentist appointment at 1:30.. I do have an hour to kill on the Oakridge library computer internet connection, hehe. After that, I dunno what I'll do: maybe buy Anthony's baptism card and Terry's birthday card, for starters. I'll keep in mind that I have to save money after my presumed glasses purchase this Friday... although Barry thinks that the Ministry will cover the cost of my new glasses. Actually, I just called them: if I bring my prescription in with my Care Card, the eyeglass place will let me know how much I'm covered for! Must attach the Care Card to the prescription NOW with a paper clip, otherwise I'll forget on Friday... o_O

Ooh, Corey just linked me to a bittorent for the new GWAR album (Beyond Hell). It was leaked a month early... why am I not surprised? :P This is what Corey says: "They've had the last track on their website for a while now.. School's Out, an Alice Cooper cover. It's not particularly good... not bad, but just a cover song. :P Didn't leave me with TONS of hope for this album, but the rest of it seems to be pretty awesome so far. They did say on their website that the cover was a "desperate attempt to get radio play" (which apparently has happened)."


You Are a Centaur

In general, you are a very cautious and reserved person.
However, you are also warm-hearted, and you enjoy helping others in practical ways.
You are a great teacher, and you are really good at helping people get their lives in order.
You are very intuitive, and you go with your gut. You make good decisions easily.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home