Friday, August 25, 2006

Dreams of restraint / Thai Sunday dinner at Eric's / Evite for bowling / Stephen

I had a weird dream which involved my head being restrained with a contraption which was supposed to represent a musical key with flats / sharps / a staff. Apparently, this was because I tried to run away at this camp. Eventually, I managed to break free and go to the camp's library: lots of kids and books. I was thinking of stealing some material, but didn't... I woke up soon afterwards. Weird stuff.

Jon sent us an email about Sunday dinner: it was supposed to be at his place, but it'll be at Eric's instead because of Regent assignments. Having people over and trying to do homework simultaneously doesn't work. He thinks everyone who came to last week's dinner had a very good time eating and chatting, as well as watching that documentary on the praying mantis. This week promises to be even more fun...

The theme for this week's dinner is (he thinks) Thai. Dallas is thinking of making red curry with tiger prawns or shrimp, as well as green chicken curry. Nathan might make some Jamie Oliver ginger beer. We'll make sure to include many vegetables in there as well. Durian just might make an appearance, since it's a Thai thing as well. We'll try to keep the cost of the dinner to $5-7, so be prepared for that. We'll also take some time to pray for the people that are on the Mexico missions trip. They'll have been in Mexico for only a short time. Hey, at least he sent the email to me this time too! He strongly suggests carpooling no matter where we live, so Sunday will be interesting from that perspective as far as I'm concerned too, haha! Of course people should let him know by Sunday service if they can make it... all aid in prepping ingredients is good! ;)

Dylan also sent the Fellowship an Evite about ANOTHER bowling night, this one on September 8. Yes... the way to celebrate the newbies to the Fellowship is to schmooze and make fun of everyone's bowling with optional helmets and elbow pads! *sarcasm* We'll see whether I make it or not... I remember Eric practically made me change my mind in March, after all. I also got a message from an old friend, who says he's in Shanghai now. ("When I search the Web on Google, you're the only person who talks about me!") Heh, interesting...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home