Friday, August 25, 2006

Matthew Good (Band) songs, icons, and friends-only banner / Sparkly socks / GWAR and kiddy shows

Hey, Rock 101 is playing MGB's Strange Days! That's quite a coincidence considering what half this post is about, hehe. ;)

I have some new Matthew Good (Band) icons, courtesy of looking for them at Underdogs. ForestHouse made them all: the first three are from Load Me Up / Carmelina / Apparitions, and the last one was the band's motto.



On a semi-related note, why do these two MGB icons (by Myrasis) remind me of what Palmer looked like? Yes, I assure you that I have that man out of my head! But when you see something like this, it's hard not to notice the resemblance: I think it must be the face size, coupled with the glasses. Thank goodness there isn't any MORE resemblance, otherwise my fangirling over Matt Good (WHAT fangirling?!) would be CREEPY! o_O



Just for fun, here's a friends-only banner I found at thetroublebunch. The lyrics are from Rico, which is a very good song!



I need to get the In A Coma DVD so I can listen to Oh Be Joyful again. Maybe some other time...

In other news that ISN'T related to MGB, Eric Ho apparently wants to see my sparkly / glittery socks if we hang out on Saturday night. o_O (the MSN name intrigued him that much?! oh my...) Corey also was telling me about this kids' show that apparently adapts other songs: they even did that to a couple of GWAR tunes! o_O (scroll down to OPERATION FOODFITE)

[00:04:57] Flami: All hail sparkly socks!: yup... tomorrow I plan to be random with white Eric, go to Bible Study, and then (probably) go to Dragon Ball and have bubble tea
[00:16:46] Corey: you should have implosion tea
[00:17:07] Corey: instead of having bubbles, it has the opposite of bubbles and has pockets of air revering... stuff
[00:18:58] Flami: ewwwwwwww
[00:19:03] Flami: that sounds dangerous
[00:24:58] Corey: nah, Pop Rocks explode, and they're okay
[00:26:50] Flami: you're talking IMplosion... that's rather different
[00:33:17] Corey: it'll just make the drink collapse, but it's in a cup, so who the f*ck cares? :P
[00:35:20] Flami: that's not good... I think I'll go with our infamous combos and "special drinks" instead!
[00:43:45] Corey: brains and sour cream?
[00:57:49] Flami: All hail sparkly socks!: EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
[00:58:13] Corey: that's what the Slamwich is made of
[01:06:22] Flami: All hail sparkly socks!: do I want to know what that is? or where you would get such a gross thing?
[01:07:32] Corey: that is from a kids show :P
[01:09:16] Corey: the show Kids Next Door used GWAR for their music for an episode... so it's the music from Private Pain of Techno Destructo, and from Gor-Gor, with some lady from the cartoon singing about food and stuff... it's a lunchlady trying to make the kids eat or something :P the lyrics follow the songs fairly closely (but changed in most places, of course), and the lady singing sounds all scary and everything
[01:10:08] Corey: Gor-Gor becomes Slamwich.. Techno Destructo is called Gramma Stuffum (the name of the lunchlady, I think)
[01:10:13] Corey: I haven't been able to find video of these, but I finally got mp3s not long ago
[01:17:11] Flami: oh man... GWAR and kids' shows should probably not co-exist
[01:17:23] Corey: I've got pork fat and gravy going through my veins.
I serve dead monkey pudding and platypus brains.
I'm Grandmother Stuffum!
Food: Grandmother Stuffum!
GS: I came to this school to feed you kids
And bake up pies with jellied squids.

Kids... must eat!
Kids... must eat!
Kids... must eat!
Kids... must eat! (GWAR.. must die!)
[01:17:51] Corey: go down to Operation FOODFITE about halfway down for lyrics to both songs
[01:18:06] Corey: first part is Techno Destructo and second is Gor-Gor
[01:18:48] Corey: I'm pretty sure the kids show did the lyrics :P they just provided the background music. apparently they went under the RAWG name in the credits, actually
[01:21:37] Flami: hahaha, nice
[01:21:45] Corey: GS: Slamwitch comes and children scream
Made of brains and sour cream.
If kids won't eat his moldy bread,
Then Slamwitch eats you kids instead!
Slamwitch comes and you'll all cry.
Swats F-16's from the sky
And make you crave his drippy spinach.
Fall and worship giant slamwitch!
Food: Slamwitch! [x6]
[01:23:39] Corey: these songs are about 9 minutes total, with basically zero dialogue other than the songs.... so that means almost half (30 minute show is really 20 minus commercials) of this kids show is heavy metal and altered lyrics about death and destruction :P
[01:24:13] Flami: aiya
[01:24:45] Corey: this page has tons of other songs on it, so I wonder if that's the usual format of that show.. adapted songs by other bands
[01:39:36] Flami: maybe.. that can be interesting

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home