Thursday, August 24, 2006

Insult Monger / Dreams of card decks on spoons, old family friends, and computers

The Insult Monger: great site for international insults!

I went for a nap earlier (darn tiredness), and had yet another weird dream! This one involved Eunice's and Dawn's moms living two minutes away from each other like they used to, and apparently having an alternating arrangement to take care of me and other kids (yeah, I was a KID in this one!) every other day. That went well for a while, but then we were at Eunice's house once (with a LOT of grass in the front yard) and Dawn's mom claimed that her husband deserted her when they'd made some plans earlier! A family friend came by and gave all the kids presents: I got a set of soup spoons in a blue mug with a handle: the design on the spoons was that of playing card suits in a deck. We all thanked him before he left, of course.

Before Auntie Betty took me home by car from Auntie Gloria's (she doesn't drive in real life!), Eunice insisted that I take two four-litre jugs of milk home with me as well... chocolate and 2% / soy milk didn't sound bad to me, so I did. Once home, I remember having to restart the computer to play a Tetris-like game... Notepad somehow started in DOS! I had to get rid of many BASIC-like references to Homestar Runner, Thy Dungeonman 3, and GWAR before the computer started properly. Then I woke up...

No idea where THAT came from! I haven't played the Homestar Runner game since I finished it in May, nor have I played Tetris in a LONG time. Yeah, I use Notepad / listen to GWAR a lot, but I haven't used BASIC since like elementary school. ("Call 1400" and "line 10 / 20 / and on," anyone?) Haven't seen Dawn's mom / bought soup spoons / been babysat / bought four-litre jugs of milk in years, either! The only thing I can think of is that I've seen the guys (and Steph) play WAY too many games of Big Two at Dragon Ball, haha. Jon's known for his "special drinks" (combinations like starfruit and kiwi) over there now... maybe not by Mr. Dragon Ball (the owner), but certainly by the other staff! o_O

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home