Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Old nursery rhymes, hospitals, dreaming, and online emoticons

Karen sent us all another email about the BBQ, only this time it was to apologize for her not being sufficiently prepared and loving at the "corporate side dish strategy meeting" the other night. It might be better if she apologized for last week's incessant emailing about this event... 20 emails about the same subject?! Come on, lady... that's OVERKILL! (yeah, it may be important... but not THAT important! :P)

Eric buzzed me tonight to ask "Hey, can I use gift cards to buy hockey sticks? Don't kill anyone, please." After jokingly threatening him with death, I changed my SportsChek-related MSN name to something else before going all "keyboard smash" on him... his reaction: "You can't kill me... mwahahahahahahaha! Wow, you went off the home row for that!" He then asked if I'd enjoyed last night: I'd give the whole experience about an 8, and more if it hadn't been on a Sunday! Too much exposure to my siblings has almost nothing to do with the fact that I hate Sunday-scheduled stuff, surprisingly. (sleep, yes... siblings, not really! :P)

When I told him that the movie had been piss funny, he then wondered if he needed to clean his couch! Hahaha, of course not: it's only an expression, is all! From there, it was on to whether I dreamt of Dylan: even if my mom says we're a good match (because she LOVES matchmaking!), that doesn't mean I dream of him! Heck, she was even going on about me and Eric together since Asian people appear to age more slowly than white people do! (aiya...) I told him that, and he figured that it must mean that I dream of him as well as Dylan: I've never dreamt of Dylan in my life (that I remember), and any dreams I've had of Eric were strictly innocent and platonic!

Then he said that he was going into a deadly hospital in Half-Life 2: Episode 1... he hoped not to die, but acknowledged the possibility that he might get killed. Afterwards, he tried sending me a few screenshots.. he died twice already, but not in these. There were errors during file transfer, so he advised me to close the window and cancel everything instead. On re-try, everything sent successfully. I told him that I'd killed myself in a dungeon, so he wondered how I was chatting to him over MSN: apparitions can talk, but not type! Hahaha, what a funny dude!

Eric then said something about "salt and pepper on your oranges and lemons," which made me think of the nursery rhyme The Bells of St. Clement's. He asked me what I was talking about / how I was able to find this, so I told him that it was free-association / Googling a story about Dick Whittington that I'd read in childhood which referenced the bells. Eric wondered if that was perhaps the reference in the game... the game DID take place in Eastern Europe, but he doesn't know what's with the salt and pepper shakers! (I looked it up on Wikipedia, which didn't tell me anything about that)

Before bidding me goodnight because he had to sleep, he asked if I liked the hospital in the game: the screenshots showed what he thinks is my favorite location. (the bathroom, complete with toilet :P) He then wondered what was with my use of parentheses: that's to indicate a message is off-topic ("Yes! I killed myself!"), but still needs to be said. He thought I was answering "yes" to something OR that it was an emoticon... haha, nope! Heh, I tell this guy a lot, haha... we've known each other since 1986, so that's a lot of history there! (one of my brother's best friends, heh)

This conversation reminds me that I need to send him the DeLorean Back To The Future MSN emoticon one of these days too: input (bttf) in the message window, and there you have it. We were talking about time travel / Red Dwarf yesterday for some reason, and I brought it up... he wondered what I was talking about, haha. ()

I just ate two things that start with a B (a banana and butterscotch pudding)... that had better translate into a third thing that starts with a B (bombing) by the time I get up! (also, my new snack is All-Bran: that hasn't been doing much for me, oddly...) HAHAHAHAHAHA! I was going to send this off, and then Corey unwittingly came up with a name for the third thing: "Buttcrap." Hey, it works if you think literally... it's a crap from your butt! HAHAHAHAHA! (In case anyone from the US Department of Homeland Security is reading this: I AM TALKING ABOUT POOP, NOT SHOCK AND AWE BOMBS! We had that "pooping = bombing" joke at least 14 months before 9/11, thanks!)




favorite number
favorite color
favorite object
favorite band
favorite song
randomness
87%
money earned from being random$0
days you've been random172
Quagmire quoteAlll righhht
This Fun Quiz created by Ian at BlogQuiz.Net
Sagittarius Horoscope at DailyHoroscopes.Biz



Hahaha! I've been random for MUCH longer than that! It certainly isn't a money-making kind of thing, though... :(



Choose a Ninja Burger Career at the
Ninja Burger website.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home