Sunday, July 16, 2006

Thank goodness for Eric's computer skills!

Well, I was GOING to catch up on my friends list and such yesterday right after that last post, but I encountered a problem after I turned the keyboard to clean some stuff out of it: the keyboard and mouse wouldn't work at all after that! After stewing about it and trying to connect the green and purple color-coded plugs into the back of my computer for about an hour (they wouldn't stay in, particularly the green one), I called Eric to see what he knew about computer plugs. Since I still had a picture on my screen then (which disappeared and went black about 15 minutes into the phone conversation), I knew he was home since he'd signed into MSN a while before. He tried telling me what to do about it: then again, he also talked to me in Spanish AND played Big Sugar's Butterball over the phone. That took about half an hour and two phone calls...

Ultimately, I couldn't hold the phone to my ear AND fiddle around with the back of the computer / wires / plugs at the same time. He said he'd help me after church, which sounded reasonable to me. So I spent my time last night productively: I read the newspaper and finished a book, plus I ended one offline journal (with all the tallies and percentages that involved) and started the people lists for two others. (I was just going to do one for a black binder, but decided that Randal's notebook journal present was too pretty-looking to just throw away after I'd have made numerous notes in it!) I also let my parents know that I'd be going home with Eric, and heard that Nathan was doing the Grouse Grind with the guys... nice birthday thing, haha! (my sibs and I also discussed the six cars that Eric's family has... Ron's company car, old re-done car, Sunfire, Parisienne, Accord, and something else)

At church today, I saw Jason and Cordia: just who I'd been looking for! I gave Jason a loaf of flaxseed bread (he carries around flax all the time!), and gave Cordia her birthday card since her birthday's today. (man, she's 18 now... makes us all feel old!) They both thanked me, which was cool. Erin and Steph remembered that Summer Conference tuna fish incident when she was about five (I think I gave her TOO MUCH of it when she decided she wanted some), screamed "Happy Birthday!" at her, and led the singing of "Happy Birthday" to Mark... his birthday's also today, although he's two years younger than Cordia. Steph told Erin that Eric had already planned movies after SLB tonight, so no Richmond Night Market tonight! (even if it DOES close at 11!) Jeremy and Jon jokingly butchered certain Bible verses about Mary's pure nard perfume that she'd poured all over Jesus: they made it into something about durian, haha. (but since everyone was reading a passage at the same time, nobody really noticed... it provided nice cover for a baby who was cranky all service!)

Steph asked Citrus whether he was in for SLB tonight, but he can't make it since his sister Cordia's doing something for her birthday tonight. Citrus had been on an Alaskan cruise, and mentioned ALL THE GOOD FOOD there... he also gave Nathan an Alaskan souvenir, which he was flashing around like a knife afterwards. Citrus and I both playfully punched Benny hello, heh. (HELLO, COLOGNE!) Nathan asked Brian whether he wanted to join us tonight since he did last time: Jon said that all of us who were around him at the time (me, him, Nate, Erin, Eric, Jeremy) were going! Unfortunately, he has to do a "couple thing" with Amy: I think he mentioned Bard on the Beach. (Nathan says that Jen's going, and said that Eunice is bringing Eddie... haha, oh man!)

I gave Nathan his birthday card and said that what my sister wrote ("Those dogs on the front of the card look drunk... maybe they've had too much pork and SLB! Let's break our record of 21 steamers of SLB and have 26!") was especially appropriate given that we were going to SLB tonight! Then Karen Choo wanted to talk to me, so I told her that I'd already responded to the BBQ Evite. (there was another email about that last I checked, which I deleted without actually reading since it was about confirming / revising our Evite responses) She told me that she knows I take the bus to Fellowship and that I might not want to carry food on the bus, so she's bought my food already. Heh, I haven't actually needed to take the bus to Fellowship in about two years or so... but that was nice of her all the same! (I didn't tell her that, though... I just thanked her, heh)

Alan asked us why we wanted to talk right near the garbage container when the smell especially permeated the air today: Tracy and Dianne joked that we liked it, heh. We really had no choice, since the smell even travelled to the shady part where we all were before! Then he tried to trick Steph into thinking Jackie was right behind him: luckily, Steph knows that Jackie would be like "HI, STEPH! HI, ALAN!" if that were really the truth! (I think we all know not to listen to Alan by now, har har) I saw Emily and Mike T., so chatted to them a bit about baptism class: he knows Benny and Anthony are in his class, but isn't quite sure on other names. Guess I'll find things out later, heh.

After Sunday School, Steph was telling us about doing room assignments for Summer Conference. Apparently, she can't find anyone who's willing to room with Lesley, so she'll try to put a positive spin on having a private room: "You can be the dorm mother, and have a room to yourself!" (she needs something to do to feel useful.. I have my reasons for not rooming with her!) Then Sam was asking who he'd room with if not his brother... someone near his age, since Steph has sense! (he has a new cell number, which all three of us need to have for different reasons) After we pointed out a GOLD CAR to Joey, Citrus asked who he'd be rooming with: "Please DON'T put me with Dylan... I don't think I can stand another time!" Steph wanted to know why, even as Citrus was asking us if we remembered the story he told us last year! I did, so told Steph: "One word... TOWEL!" She remembered after that reminder, all right. (she'd erased / deleted it from her memory!) That had to be a scarring experience! o_O

(Derek mentioned that he'd seen Dylan half-dressed with his arms folded across his chest; someone's mom walked by, and gave him a LOOK, haha. Earlier, Dylan went to take a shower sometime: the next thing Derek knew, Dylan was at the dorm room door: "Uh, Derek... I hope you don't mind, but I kinda used your towel by accident. If it makes you feel any better, you can use mine!" Uh... how about NO? *blink* Citrus then told us how Dylan had walked into the washroom while he was taking a shower, and asked if he was in there. When he said yes, Dylan walked up to the curtain... Citrus thought he might open it, and forestalled it by saying that he could just talk through the curtain. Citrus then told us that he'd been getting ready to leave when Dylan showed up at his door only half-dressed. "Hey, Citrus... *pause for two minutes while scratching his chin* Can I borrow a T-shirt? Do you have a razor?" Why pause for two minutes while standing there with no shirt on? Citrus hadn't brought his shaving stuff with him anyhow, but thought it was funny.)

On the way home, Eric and I were very random about impressions / stream-of-consciousness / the heat / supposed swearing / Lard's Can God Fill Teeth? (silver fillings turning to gold) / computer keyboard and mouse / singing / words / cackling / Bathroom Readers (I do NOT singlehandedly keep that company in business!) / Nathan's birthday gift this year and last. At my place, Eric pelted some stuffed animals at me while he figured out what was wrong with my system: cheh! He said that I'd bent the pins of the green plug a lot and that's why it wouldn't stay, but that I didn't need it since I could plug it into the USB port. Then he joked that I was doing voodoo, and that he'd figure things out tonight as far as cars went: maybe just one car, since we all live in relative proximity to Shanghai Wind. I laughed a lot when he went to use my washroom since I had a bucket full of sanitary napkins in there: that didn't really faze him since he'd had female roommates before, of course, but my two-minute-long laughter fit did. (those always do..)

He also sent an MSN message on my name to his cellphone, then blamed me for sending it when he checked his phone. Uh, it's not my fault if you send messages to yourself! Then he cleaned my backspace key: no, I don't know why it had so much gunk on it! In my guestbook, he wrote that I owed him $50,500 in cash only... sure dude, whatever you say! Now I'm happy since everything works again... time to check my friends pages for the last two days! (just about)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home