Thursday, July 13, 2006

Feeding the 50 with salmon, croutons, hamburger buns, and lobster tails

OMG. THE WHO ARE COMING TO TOWN ON SUNDAY, OCTOBER 8!!!

I was viewing some girl's Myspace page, and there was a dialog box that popped up asking if I'd seen some weird thing or other... I'm denying THAT friend request! But I'm going to approve StonedItaliano's since I came across his page while doing dungeons last night, hehe... I sent him a message telling him who I was. (long time since we talked!) I also came across Cerowyn's LJ while doing dungeons for my old screen name... I sent him an offliner YM buzz telling him that I'd changed my name a LONG time ago! Heh.. guess we'll see how that goes!

I got two emails about the BBQ next week in my email, stemming from some "please be real and bring SIDE DISHES to keep it pretty for the planning committee's peace of mind" reminder that Karen sent us last night. Here's one from Terry, which I think shows good observation skills for a relative newcomer... that always surprises and impresses me! He's right, though... history has shown what he says over the YEARS I've been attending Fellowship / church in general. I'm not putting him down or pulling rank on him ("I know more than you do because I've attended this church since I was BORN!")... but he's seen the "dessert and talk" nights, and how much food is left over from those things alone! Oh my goodness...

Hey Gals & Guys,

Planning a BBQ for 40 will require a collaborative effort. My suggestion is simply: let's pull together as a fellowship and help out the planning committee on this one. There are about 10 to 15 people confirmed on the eVite which means there will be about 10 to 15 side dishes. Instead, I think we should pull together and go with maybe 5 or 6 "Oh-my-goodness-it's-so-humongous" side dishes served on platters that can only be found in Goliath's house. The rationale behind this is so that everyone can have a little bit of each side dish. If we go with everyone bringing a side dish, then Randal (for example) may bring lobster tails for 10 to 15 people, and if history prevails, I won't get one (25 to 30 others won't either!!!). Let's get together after fellowship on Friday and plan like we are feeding 5000 with 1 salmon and two hamburger buns.

Terry.



Eric's reply:

So since there are 50 people coming, not 5000, we should plan to bring 1/100 of a salmon, and 2/100 hamburger buns. Cool... all we need is a slice of salmon and two croutons. That is much easier. Hehe. Praises be to God.

Good idea... also, when everybody brings a smaller dish: in the end, it usually ends up being too much of most things. Except the lobster tails... I only ate 15 last time.

There can be difficulties in putting together the food in groups. But we can discuss in more detail this Friday. Financially easy enough, but some people might not be able to get together to do the cooking ahead of time. 2 dishes per Bible Study group or something like that.

Eric


Hahaha... yes, let's bring extremely tiny food portions in the hope that God will bless them by increasing the size by a LOT!


Your Chances of Being a Multimillionaire: 48%

You have a decent shot at being a multimillionaire. Surprised?
You're confident and a hard worker. Keep it up!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your style, burgers, salmon, and lobster tail......sweeeeet. Drawn butter?

Thursday, July 13, 2006 at 9:43:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Flami said...

No mention of it, but maybe clarified butter!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 at 8:03:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home