Friday, July 14, 2006

If you keep bombarding us with BBQ emails, I'm not going! / Eunice?! / Various quizzes

Oh, look. Here's another email about the BBQ, this one filled with a bunch of rules... but it wouldn't be a BlastingSimperer email if it didn't include the words "keep it pretty!" somewhere, and she manages to sneak it in. This is full of big bold and italic lettering which I have the consideration not to reproduce here. :P (I agree with my sister's assessment of the woman.. *whew!*)

Want to be a thoughtful, considerate brother or sister of David Fellowship? Meditate and act on the following:

1. EVERYONE - Make a committed specific response to the BBQ Evite of July 21st. Your replies determine the purchasing of sufficient meat, drinks, and dinner supplies. Late replies definitely affect the work of the planning committee and the Fellowship's enjoyment of the dinner.
2. Plan, plan, plan to bring a delicious SIDE DISH which serves 40 or more. For example, if you are planning to only bring 10-15 servings of your side dish, take the initiative to coordinate your efforts with another member to bring more of your side dish. (Check the Evite replies to see what others are bringing and in what quantities.)
3. We are dining at the FEAST TABLE OF LOVE. Make sure everyone feels included in your side dish. Avoid false fears of leftovers as a rationale to risk leaving people out. Care more about people.
4. All hot side dishes should be heated, presentable, and ready for serving when you arrive. Please do not rely on the church kitchen. It will be used by the planning committee to prepare mass quantities of meat and other things for the dinner.
5. Be a loving, supportive giver for Jesus. Avoid the temptation of commitment phobia, work-shyness, and especially, unjustified parsimony.
6. Sacrifice to make your attendance at Fellowship your priority for Jesus and not your default or easily negotiable activity subject to whatever else arising. Your presence matters.

Keep it pretty! Be excellent for Jesus! Thank you for your open minds and hearts.


If I wanted to, I *could* reply with something like "How dare you preach to us and accuse us of being commitment-phobic and not caring because some of us take more time to arrive at decisions? Some of us actually like to THINK about what we do! Leftovers are a REAL CONSIDERATION! My goodness!" But I won't... I do that stuff online, but not really to people I know. Maybe I should start, haha. ;) But honestly, if I get ONE MORE FREAKIN' EMAIL about this, I'm not going! Aiyoh! This is not the kind of "spam / flooding" I enjoy... I don't mind the SLB spam, since Eric is reasonable (most times, haha) and not at all like this other person. (phew!) That's one reason why I put "maybe" on the Evite, haha. I'm not updating my response like my sister had to because of her company dinner, either... I like the "wiggle room" it gives me. :D (speaking of my sister, she won't be there tonight since she has to do something for work!)

Eric got online to ask if I could basically bombard Eunice with phone calls every 15 minutes or so: haha, sure thing! She's apparently never home, and never answers her cell phone either. It's hard to track that girl down, according to him. I have no doubt of that! In any event, I just left a message with her dad with details / mine and Eric's phone numbers. That should do, since she's at school.


Your Lucky Love Color is Blue

When someone gets to know you, the first thing they notice is how deeply you think and feel.
You are calm, reflective, and mature. However, you sometimes seem spacey to those trying to charm you.
And unlike what your color might suggest, you are never really down or "blue" - even after a breakup.
Your heart is thoughtful and rational. You don't let your emotions rule you. It's your head that falls in love.






QuizGalaxy.com
'What priceless piece of art will you graffito-tag?' at QuizGalaxy.com


Edvard Munch's The Scream, eh? Hmm... no, I don't condone this sort of stuff in real life!











Leslie:
Recipe for Love
- 1/4 of a cup of promiscuity

- a heaping teaspoon of wealth

- a pound of beauty
Serve hot.
'What is your recipe for love?' at QuizGalaxy.com























Leslie's treasure is hidden...
Under an abandoned psychiatric ward
'Where did you bury your pirate treasure?' at QuizGalaxy.com



Your Funky Tank Top Is
The Baby Snap Beater Tank


Cool... I like this!


You Passed 8th Grade Spanish

Congratulations, you got 6/8 correct!


Surprising I still remember this stuff from Spanish 9... o_O

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home