Wednesday, July 12, 2006

For the last time, this is NOT a sports store! / I got a sweet deal on a water bottle!

I occasionally get phone calls asking if this apartment is SportsChek. I've tried telling people that this isn't a sports store, but I usually get this whiny response: "But this is the number I called, and I was told this is SportsChek / Coast Mountain Sports!" So now I just hang up on them: there was this time when some jabronie insisted that this WAS SportsChek because I'd responded yes when he asked to speak to me. *rolleyes* Since Adela used to work there, I complained to her about it when we were at Daimasu post-Fellowship once: she said that my phone number didn't sound like any store number she'd ever heard of! I got three such calls this morning, so I changed my MSN name to reflect that. Next thing I knew, Eric M. had popped up on my screen to ask: "What goalie pads do you have in? And what was up with your laundry?" Oh, shut up... I'm not talking to you for reasons that may or may not be unrelated to the SLB scheduling! :P

I ignored him for 40 minutes till I had to go grocery shopping, then I told him I'd be back. At the store, I saw some Japanese miso dressing that I had to try: it had 50 less calories in a teaspoon than the Kraft cucumber dill salad dressing I'd settled on. I also saw some strawberry cheesecake ice cream that would satisfy my "doughy cakey ice cream" requirements quite well, along with the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ben and Jerry's stuff I also bought. Scored a sweet deal on a 1L water bottle (kinda like Nalgene, but not): $3 only! Wow! I've wanted to get one for some time, but always thought they were too expensive at most places... so of course had to grab this deal while it lasted! Campbell's Soup now has flavor-themed displays (each flavor has its own section in this cascade), Baxter's has Golden Autumn Vegetable Soup, and Chunky Soup now has Sirloin Burger soup. I had to get that... it said "NOW WITH SIRLOIN!" on the can, and my reaction was "No duh?" Also got some Golden Wheat Korean noodles: mushroom chicken, kimchi, and spicy beef. For some reason, I also got some steak and kidney pie: it was two for a reduced price, but what if I didn't like the one and had to eat the other knowing that? (I overthink these things... but I just got the one :P) I'm all about the quirky flavors, yo! Saw some All-Bran in the store, and a Yaris vehicle on the way home: both of them made me think of my sister, haha.

When I got home and had finished putting away the groceries, I found that Eric had left me a couple more messages: "Back in black? But how much are hockey sticks?" I told him to shush, and got this response: "But I want to get a goalie stick. How much are you selling them for, North Ocean Town Sportschek?" So then I told him "I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR GOALIE STICKS!" and answered his earlier sane query about the laundry... people who interrupt dryers mid-cycle are screwed in the head! :P

Then he said "That's not a good way to generate revenue! A jabronie, eh? So why are you not Sports-Chek? Other than the fact that you aren't Sports-Chek... I mean why do you need to claim you aren't Sports-Chek? I mean... last time I checked, you couldn't contact Sports-Chek over MSN! You are only inviting people to bug you about it." Uh, no... he's the only one who'd do that, really. :P (Corey would too, if he only knew what SportsChek was! Hahaha!) Through some more discussion involving my phone number, he's found the solution: "They're pushing too high when trying for the 8, I guess... and that other guy who was insisting you were SportsChek was probably surprised that he got a Leslie, even though it wasn't who he was looking to speak with!" That would probably be it! Thank goodness he found the number online, heh... and also thank goodness that I'm mostly over the SLB scheduling thing, too. :) (then he brought up a SportsChek-sponsored keg party... uh yeah, I don't THINK so!)

Now he wants me to call him "supreme chancellor Eric" and saying "How dare you correct me!" (uh, because you spelled "definitely" wrong? :P) I got him back by referencing Eric Clapton's Cocaine, knowing the way he'd take it. Har har, all in fun here. :D

<--- This icon has it right! (this post has the text for it)

"Your stupid?" My stupid what?
Your throws of ecstasy send me into throes of amusement.
Never enter your PIN number on an ATM machine. You could get the HIV virus.
You can defuse a bomb. But diffusing it might be a bad idea.
If you really did have baited breath, you would smell rather fishy.
I before E except after C or when sounding like A as in neighbor or weigh. Unless it's weird.
Your is not mine. You're means you are.
Thru is only a word if you are referring to getting a hamburger in your car.
Rouge is a color. A rogue isn't.
Per se means of itself. Per say is only how you pronounce it.
A horde is a large group, often unruly. To hoard is to gather and often references dragons.
Fire is fiery. Burn all misspellings.
Et cetera does not abbreviate to ect., ecc., or ec. Etc.
E.g. means for example, I.E. means that is. I.E., always be correct.
You should definitely spell definitely definitely.
If you had a D, you wouldn't deserve congratulations.
A lot is two words. Allot means to distribute.



Your Antonio Marras Look Is
Antonio Marras


Funny... my friends' dad is named Anthony Marr. There's also another guy by that name here who's a local environmental activist, I believe.


You scored as Long John Silvers. Although you've been working long and hard to earn your dues, your methods have not always been nice. Oftentimes, you try to be bad when somebody gets in the way, and you find yourself doing the right thing.

Long John Silvers

75%

Mary Read

75%

Dread Pirate Roberts

75%

Captain James T. Hook

67%

Captain Jack Sparrow

67%

Morgan Adams

67%

Will Turner

58%

Black Beard

58%

Sinbad

58%

Captain Barbosa

42%

What kind of Pirate are you?
created with QuizFarm.com

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home