Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Cigarette butts, UTorrent, management, taxes, blueberries, new email list policies

Cigarette Litter claims that several trillion cigarette butts are tossed worldwide each year, making them the most littered item globally... why am I not surprised?

According to my sister, I should also read page B2 of the newspaper today since there's an article about my landlords there... CURSE YOU, AMACON! (Richmond Gardens tenants have won a major victory over their landlord, Amacon Property Management Services. An arbitrator with the residential tenancy office has held nine evictions in abeyance, pending the outcome of an Appeal Court decision on a separate series of evictions at Richmond Gardens. "It's huge," says George Metrakos, a tenants' advocate, said. "These people are relatively safe for the next 16 to 18 months." The question of whether Amacon has the right to evict tenants in order to renovate suites at its Gilbert Road apartments is before the Appeal Court. Metrakos said he doubts the decision will stop Amacon from trying to evict other tenants.) Ha, I agree with that dude 100% for sure!

There's a scheduled Blogger outage at 5. On Sunday afternoon, Eric noted my UTorrent program... hey, if it's tiny, it's cool! ;) (not that I've used it for much, but it's there!) Oh, and I apparently have another money appointment on Thursday at 11: I don't want a repeat of last year's fiasco! (at least I have the tax documents this time... phew!)

I emailed my siblings about the things that start with B... Jon responded pretty much right away with "Aiya." Steph said that blueberries will get me too, as she had lots yesterday... now, if only I felt like going out to get some! Apparently, they were on sale at Kin's Farm Market over the weekend since Mom bought a bunch on Saturday. Now we're just going on about delusion and reality... at least it's not "a delusional reality / I have a grasp on reality, but I choose to ignore it!" as per Eric M., haha.

Dylan also emailed us about a change to the Fellowship email list policies: apparently, messages will now be screened in order to be sure that it's a Fellowship-wide announcement. He and Karen will be the moderators... I can just imagine that all her spam will go through, and that amusing things like Terry and Eric's responses won't. Maybe I'm being pessimistic... then again, it reminds me of a few years ago when the list was being maintained by Mark: we had to watch for hackers on the email list, so he screened everything! Oh man.

Note to self: "The girl with pretty eyes" is CLARA, according to my sister... not Gwyneth or Evelyn! (Vanessa thinks they're a handful, and I agree!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home