Thursday, June 01, 2006

Blasts from the past, no more green shorts

I went out just now to get KFC fried chicken, some birthday cards, stickers, microwaveable meals, and Ben and Jerry's Vermonty Python / the Gobfather ice cream. Good thing I stayed away from Yuen Shing: too much Asian snack temptation there, haha. Had a cheeseburger and fries at McDonald's, then had to go to Maxim's Bakery to get an orange Crush since I somehow didn't get a Coke as part of dinner. I'm doing well with my KFC fried chicken cravings, as it was December 8 the last time I wanted some! ;) Now I'm trying to balance the unhealthiness by drinking some water... yes, I know it doesn't really work like that. Humor me. :P

I was minding my own business in the mall when I heard my name being called from behind me rather loudly. Since it could have been someone else (even though the mall's dead after 7), I continued until I heard my name again. I turned around to see some random dude on a cellphone, and recognized him as David Shaler, a guy I knew in Palmer. (junior high) He said I looked good, and asked what I was doing these days... he mentioned that he'd driven down to Vegas to see Madonna, and was actively looking for a wife to have kids with. Hopefully she doesn't come with the kids, but you never know! We're getting old, since we'll both be 30 by December... it was interesting to see him, since he'd filled out since those days.

I don't have a bowling bag (as I used to carry all my books around in a bag in the first part of Gr. 8 since I hated using the lockers provided), nor do I still remember everyone's student numbers (I used to steal all the attendance sheets and make lists of those, and thought that certain absent students were all really having sex with each other in the bushes; don't ask! )... but he said I wore my knapsack / body bag well, har har. Interesting little diversion, even though I had to prove that I knew who he was (why did THAT make me so nervous?!)... as we went our separate ways, I could hear him talking on his cellphone about how he hadn't seen me in a long time and such. (to April, he says)

When I got home, I checked my email to find one from my sister about how she'd be in a wheelchair next week. But I actually read the email... she actually means that she'll be in the Rick Hansen thing for spinal cord injury on June 11. I figure I can get a ride home from church with Eric, unless he's doing that too.

I also took a big load of garbage out to the trash bin: in the process of throwing things out, I discovered that my favorite pair of green oversize shorts had a big stain on it of unknown origin. Sadly, I decided that it had to go... I'm sure I tried washing it last summer and simply forgot about it till now. *sigh*

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home