Thursday, May 25, 2006

Ten million points... / Rock 101 / Screenshots

I have a new Bookworm high score! 10,707,030 / Level 52 / Bookworm Supreme Level 21 / 4:44:20 on Thursday, 05.25.06! Thank goodness for that word starting with a K that I didn't know was a word! It saved my butt in Level 48 when I was resigned to losing to the flaming tiles! :D (no, I don't remember what the word was...) I also had a few too many close calls in subsequent levels with scrambling tiles and the maximum number of flaming tiles allowed on the board, but my word mojo saved me until the very last time! This game was played over parts of three days, by the way. :D In the course of playing this game, I also got to the five-letter bonus word level again, with the word this time being "nifty."

Thank goodness I had the presence of mind to take a screenshot. Note to self: It's width and HEIGHT attributes, not LENGTH.





This is the conversation Corey and I had about screenshots, MS Paint, and resizing... I'm putting it here so I remember it later:

[18:32:31] Flami: Down With The Establishment! (21 SLB steamers!): I'm trying to figure out how to crop all the irrelevant stuff away in this screenshot... I can't remember what I did for the suudsu one
[18:32:51] Corey: in MS Paint?
[18:33:30] Flami: hai
[18:33:39] Corey: copy the area you want, then open a new drawing and paste. resize any excess white area around it... or just make the white area tiny before you paste (if the picture you paste is bigger, it'll just expand the drawing area to fit that)
[18:38:49] Flami: there's only one problem with that... the MS Paint window has a horizontal scrollbar, meaning that I can only get (at most) 90% of the picture
[18:39:17] Corey: you should be able to still select it with the box tool...
[18:39:43] Corey: you could also just bump your resolution up to a reasonable size to do this :P then put it back
[18:48:14] Flami: but... like.. will that work?
[18:48:15] Corey: I am currently idle.
[18:53:08] Corey: yes.. you'll have more room on the screen
[18:57:47] Flami: now it looks all blurry.
[18:58:29] Flami: this is what happens when I decided not to bother with cropping it, and then just put in it my post field and change width... hm.
[19:00:07] Corey: what looks all blurry?
[19:00:35] Flami: the screenshot at 1500 pixels wide still looks blurry
[19:05:14] Corey: what are you trying to do? I thought you were just cropping something
[19:09:00] Flami: read what I said carefully... I decided NOT TO BOTHER with cropping it
[19:15:08] Corey: so are you resizing it then? or did you just change the resolution, which won't do anything to the picture.. that's just how it's displaying the picture to your screen->eyes :P
[19:22:29] Flami: I wanted to, but I dunno... who knows if it'll work
[19:30:26] Flami: nevermind... I'll go with what you suggested.. and now my monitor looks like one of those funhouse mirrors :P
[19:30:28] Corey: I am currently idle.
[19:31:11] Corey: going with what I suggest is a pretty handy thing to know how to do in life


On the weekday afternoon show on ROCK 101, they have this feature at 5 called "Musical Mystery Tracks." Basically, you can submit a set of four songs with a theme, and let other people guess what the theme is. If yours is chosen or you guess the theme correctly, you win a prize. This afternoon's four tracks were submitted by a woman named Cynthia who listens to the station online at work in St. Paul, Minnesota (and lives in Stillwater, MN)... she won some CD which they'll MAIL to her! No need for her to take a trip out here, although their temperature of 85 rivals ours today! That made me think of Jamie (jaebird): the first guess was wacky, and the DJs' favorite. (it involved burning old ladies' clothing in fireplaces and checking yourself into the sanitarium house!)

I'm sure you can figure out the theme (thinking intuitively) from this list: Steve Miller's The Joker, Brownsville Station's Smokin' in the Boys' Room, Boston's Smokin', and Deep Purple's Smoke on the Water. The other day, the show got email from a guy who lived in Germany and who's touring Egypt right now! Man, those internet cafés come in handy when you're travelling around the world... ;)


Your Sexy Top Is
LACE DETAIL HALTER TOP


Two words: Yeah right! :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home