Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Dreams of book displays and bananas / SLB plans

As I thought, the apartment inspection woke me up. It was over in a few minutes though, while the manager tried to talk to me when I was still half-asleep. That didn't work out too well, but whatever.

I went back to sleep, and had a dream that I pitched someone's 22-page paper off their balcony. After that, I got together with a bunch of nice people and we went shopping at the grocery store. Before we went into the store, there was this area that looked like the section where you'd wait for your flights at the airport. There was a description of someone wanted for child molestation or something: "He looks like a tall yellow-and-black banana!" The suspect was captured, and there were no more cases of child molestation for the next five years! (don't ask...)

While in the store, I spotted a display of used / new books for only a dollar or two each. I spent a LOT of time looking through it: romance books, a book called Lauren Chin Will Join Us This Evening with the pictures upside-down and a lot of comic books. The selection included Dennis the Menace (with Mr. Wilson), Blondie (with Dagwood and Mr. Dithers), Archie (with Jughead exclaiming over a home-cooked meal that cost a professor's full pay), etc. It was HEAVEN, like it would be in waking life. Then I woke up for good, and now I'm here.


Steph sent a "Siu Long Bao adventures" email to me, Brian, Amy, Nathan, Eunice, Eddie, Eric, Danielle, and Citrus. ("My best friend from Toronto's in town... what better place to show Ceci and her sister than Shanghai Wind?!") She asked Nathan if he could give Jeremy a ride... then says she'll get ME to ask. Um, lovely. I guess it's a good thing that I finally copied down Jeremy's email address from some email recently, haha... I'll even add it to my address book now, heh. (it's circled with purple pen on the page with Natalie and Sean's addresses... opposite Shannon, Chris, and Sara's addresses / Heather / Nicole / Sarah C. / Turner's name changes) Guess I'll just forward it to him, haha. Then she asked me whether I had Brian and Amy's active email addresses: she omitted an underscore in Brian's address, and I don't have Amy's. Oh well... it's all done now. :D

Speaking of email, Karen just sent us the Friday email. Here's something lame: "Keep buffing your soul! Be lovely and come at 7:30 PM. Please do not keep our guests waiting. Say yes to loving Jesus and his sheep. Go to the EVITE now and say, YES, I am coming and I will bring something because I love fun and I eat food. I love Jesus and his sheep." That's a bit over-the-top, but eh... at least it's her personality! Other than that, it seems that every other word is in a huge font and has something other than non-standard color. (magenta, red, green, blue, and purple) At least she only does this for emphasis and not all the time! (I hope)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home