Thursday, May 25, 2006

Sticking to what I say, PNG screenshots, Eric, and BBT invites

Why can't I ever stick to what I say? Last night, I told my sister that I wouldn't go to Summer Conference. There are many reasons: stress of packing / unpacking, having to be the last one to leave and the first to get there, being stressed around TWO organizers (mom and sister), getting the improved food in the cafeteria being a pain, having to get up early and probably setting a new sleep record when I got home (I slept 14 hours last year the day after Summer Con!), wanting a free weekend, etc. Then she called tonight at 7:35 and tried convincing me that she and Jon would pay for it first. "This is your last chance to register since I'm at the planning meeting at church now, and we have to close the books soon! Jon, Eric, Jeremy, Nathan, and I are going to be there! Jon's leading worship, so of course he'll be there even if he's not in town now! What are you going to do all weekend? Sit at home? That'll be boring!" (actually, yes... I would LOVE to do that with no obligations!)

What could I say? "I don't like going out when I don't have to" would effectively put the kibosh on any future summer outings since she'd take it as "my sister never wants to go out and just wants to sit at home in front of the computer." The objection of "I don't want to get up early!" would be met with "you're too lazy!" (perhaps true, but I like my sleep!) *sigh* Damned if I do, and damned if I don't. I should pack Nyquil for the conference since I'm now going... maybe I should do so now before I forget, haha.


Note to self: TinyPic absolutely works for posting decently-sized screenshots. Too bad they don't let you have albums, at least from what I've seen. Maybe ImageShack does, if they don't block LJ from what someone has said!

This is what David K. has to say about my query about how he made such a huge screenshot in some RT post: "made a screenshot, cropped it, and saved it as a PNG file... then uploaded to the Photobucket!" So maybe I should save all screenshots as PNG files in Paint before Photobucketing them... that'll do it. :D (I tried it with the Bookworm picture from my last post, and it worked!)


Eric M. just showed up on MSN, with 1 John 4:20, 21 ("If anyone boasts, "I love God," and goes right on hating his brother or sister, thinking nothing of it, he is a liar. If he won't love the person he can see, how can he love the God he can't see? The command we have from Christ is blunt: Loving God includes loving people. You've got to love both.") as a message for me. That's all very well and good, but what is that in reference to?! Apparently, he thinks I don't like Steph because of his perspective of certain things I did last night. That's not the truth, whether I think he's joking about it or not. Weirdo. :P (feelings of the three of them bugging me too much, reconciliation, etc.)

So yeah... why can't I ever stick to what I say? It's not like they'll disown me if I don't go to one conference! Although to be honest, I'd been thinking / praying about my reasons all day (because I knew they sounded at least a bit spurious), so maybe this is an answer? Bleh, who knows. Challenges ahead...

Ooh, my sister just called again to see if I'd like to go for Dragon Ball bubble tea with her / Vivian S. / Ceci / Angela. Now, THAT's something I'm up for. :P Wonder what my mom thinks of her going to and from Vancouver / Richmond multiple times with gas prices the way they are now, har har. :|

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home