Friday, May 12, 2006

Mom: amusing and sigh-worthy at the same time...

Dandelions are fun to kick over, but my grandma wasn't too impressed. Hehe. :D


I called my sister earlier to catch up; I told her what had happened today, and also the things that I noted in the last paragraph of the previous post. Turns out that I have good timing since I called her right when she hung up with Nathan. (they were making transportation plans for tomorrow's conference) Let's just say that it would be an awkward conversation IF our mom asked us where we learned about making out. ("What websites or books have you been reading?!" ".... uh... gotta go now, bye!") That would of course be contingent on her believing us when we tell her what it really means! As it is, she thinks we're making the term up... um, no.


My sister called me just now: "Mom thinks that I should pack more than one pair of underwear for the weekend in case I have a poop accident!" The likelihood of that happening is very slim, thanks! Then I told her about the "poison in the ear" bit. She thought I was being gross, so handed the phone off to Mom. My mother immediately thought that I was talking about masturbation, and that I was doing it right then. Uh, no... and even if I did, I wouldn't tell her so! *rolleyes*

Then she thought that I was looking up p*rn / going to dangerous chatrooms on the computer and that was why I didn't want to come over there because of the restrictive parental controls. No, it has nothing to do with that.. and we've told her, too! *rolleyes* (I rarely go to chatrooms these days anyhow unless I'm invited by people I know and trust!)

She heard the prank call CD in the background, and asked who was over. When I told her that I had a CD full of people who played tricks on others via the phone, she asked why I'd want it. "Eh... someone gave it to me" is a safe enough amount of the truth for her to handle. She doesn't need to know that OMG AN INTERNET WEIRDO AXE MURDERER!!! (Corey) sent it to me for Christmas, haha.

Thankfully, she gave the phone back to my sister after that. I bemoaned Mom's misconceptions to her: even if I *did* look up questionable things on the Internet, I wouldn't do it on the family computers since I have more sense than she gives me credit for! She is my mother, but that woman is WEIRD!


A case where someone successfully managed to poison Tylenol... :(


Your Style is 1970s

Bell bottoms, platform shoes, wide belts, and tons of polyester.
You've got a bit of that hippie vibe going on, but you're hip enough to pull it off!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home