Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Emails and responses to improper grammar

Good thing Connie doesn't mind the address book method for mass emails, and having her middle initial known to the selection of people that I was emailing those hilarious menu translations to: she agrees it's faster to use the address book for mass emails, haha. Steph emailed me Fidela's address, so I emailed those to her at the same time I left them as a comment on Vivian's blog... while I was at it, I also emailed them to Melissa. (I do remember her email address, after all) Heh, just spreading the hilarity here. ;)

Remember that Andrew guy who sent me a message a few days ago on OK Cupid? I looked at his profile, trying to figure out if there was a way I could justify meeting with him for coffee even if he doesn't know how to use "your / you're" correctly. He's Asian, drives a cool Nissan car (apparently), and likes going out for coffee. That's all to the good, but I looked at all of the profile. He likes laughing at religion! I don't think I'll be meeting up with you, Mr. Freakin' Illiterate. (to rephrase this image) If someone's agnostic and they want to be friends with me, that's fine as long as they respect my religion and beliefs. This doesn't look like one of those cases. Score one for me! :D

Hey, someone quoted Strong Bad in a post I made a few days ago to mock the dude. Sweet! "Y-O-U-R. Y-O-U-apostrophe-R-E. They're as different as night and day. Don't you think that night and day are different? What's wrong with you?" -- Strong Bad." At least Eric knows the difference, haha. (not that I'm looking to get with him... I'm just saying!)

My response to that guy, which covers both of the points above:

For YOUR information, it's "YOU'RE." Did you not understand Grade 1 or something?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/Flamsterette_X/your.jpg

"Y-O-U-R. Y-O-U-apostrophe-R-E. They're as different as night and day. Don't you think that night and day are different? What's wrong with you?" -- Strong Bad.

YOUR horrible use of the English language aside (Netspeak?!), I don't think it'll work out, especially as you like to laugh at religion.


I win at life and grammar, and he doesn't. :P


Do you have good taste in music?

ROCK

Good old rock does it for you. Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Live, Wolfmother, etc., etc. Keep soloing, my friend. Well done, and rock on!

Click Here to Take This Quiz
Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home