Monday, November 28, 2005

Fellowship on Saturday, committee news, soup renaming, and lies about phone calls

I got a Philadelphia postcard from Caroline (riadsala) today... whee! After checking my email, I was reminded that Fellowship isn't on Friday this week. Instead, it's on Saturday at Lesley's place in the activity room from 5:30 to 10. At least I saved the Evite when I first got it a month ago, heh. I'm seriously going to have to call Eric and make plans with him: we even have the same sort of response on the Evite! ("I'll be there... not sure what I'll bring yet, but it most likely will be food / edible comestibles") Yeah, I know I saw his response before I committed myself, but I had that sort of response in mind anyhow! :P Maybe I'll call him tomorrow or something... or I'll email Anita to see what happens since Awana is a commitment too!

In other Fellowship news, we have a new committee: Karen, Billy, Randal, and Dylan. This should be an interesting year: I figured Lesley got burned out on committee service, but I still like Karen better than her. Karen will be just as organized, and maybe even more exact. Randal's been active the past couple of years in group doings, so I guess he wanted to try it out. Billy and Dylan are the two incumbents, and I think they've done a good job thus far. Speaking from personal (half-hearted) experience, serving on the Fellowship committee entails a lot of work! Best of luck to the four of them! :)

I just noticed that Chunky Soup renamed their Chicken Cacciatore to Chicken Italiano. What, is "cacciatore" too hard to pronounce or something? All you have to do is listen to Billy Joel's Movin' Out (Anthony's Song) to get the correct pronunciation! Oh, and almost every time I type "Chunky Soup," it ends up being "Chinky Soup." =/

I got an answering machine message from my wheelchair-bound friend Shannon, claiming that she'd tried to call me all day yesterday, but my line was busy. What a liar. I was out all day yesterday, and my Internet connection was most certainly NOT on. When I got home at 9-ish, I did fire up the internet... but we're talking about a girl who says that 9:30 is too late to call her. Oh well, I'll call her back in that nebulous time known as "later." :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home