Thursday, November 10, 2005

Expensive mail, hockey losses, how Nina's doing

I spent a long time at the mall today, trying to find gifts for certain people... I got everything I'd planned on like postcards, Harry Potter books (thank goodness I saved $12.98 on THOSE!), and bubble envelopes. Also, I tried a mango bubble tea at Death by Chocolate... I could taste the mango, which I guess is worth an extra quarter. :P However, this Christmas thing gets expensive... at least I got everything mailed in one fell swoop... air mail is the cheapest, since I don't think Canada Post offers any "mail by sea" options like Jane from Taiwan seems to have at her disposal. Then again, it DOES take three months to get your stuff that way... o_O

I got home to discover that the Colorado Avalanche were leading the Canucks 4-0 with less than three minutes to go in the first period, so I told Corey about it... man, I was surprised! (not that he would know why the score was that way, but he DOES live near Denver!) The final score ended up being 5-3... the first period was apparently really terrible, with the first goal coming in just 46 seconds. (the second period was great, but wasn't enough to dig us out of the hole!) Actually, the Canucks' first period was their worst first period since the night of the Todd Bertuzzi-Steve Moore incident on 8 March 2004. The score then was 5-0 at the end of the first.. and the final score was 9-2. (I also remember talking to Yazmine about it, and then hanging up on her when she said: "Yay! We won!" because of her philosophy of cheering the winning team if they had a lead of more than three goals :P)

So now we're 10-5-2 on the season. We were going for a club record of eight consecutive wins at home... our seven losses have all been against our Northwest Division opponents. The three stars were Joe Sakic, Steve Konowalchuk, and Brendan Morrison. People think they need changes in player personnel, coaching, and even in management! (Marc Crawford and Dave Nonis, anyone?) No doubt Crawford is very upset right now!

In other news around the NHL, the St. Louis Blues have now lost ten games in a row. :|


Hey, Nina actually emailed me back.. sweet! :D

Hi Leslie

How are you? and Yasmine. I miss both of you. I'm doing well. Just working. I did not forget both of you. It's just I was in this relationship which gave me a hard time. And I had a baby in year 2004. Yes, I have been through alot.This year I have been working on myself and taking care of my son. I understand you have moved to Toronto. Why did you move? How is Yasmine? Do you still keep in touch with her.

Nina


She's had a BABY?! Man, that's a life change! Ah, relationships which give you hard times... I sympathize, and working on yourself is good. I don't keep in touch with Yazmine due to her reactionary nature, and I didn't move to Toronto! Ah well, I'll answer her back and tell her these things. :)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home