Sunday, November 06, 2005

Worship mindset, birthday cards, downtown parking meters, and babies

This morning, I was definitely not in the right mindset to worship at church... but when I got out of service, I felt a little better: I gave birthday cards to Tim, John, Margaret, and Vanessa. I had one for Brenda (Tim's cousin by marriage), but she'd moved to Montreal... he'd find some way of getting it to her, though. One person off my long November birthday list... huzzah! (as Darren would say) Karen Chan gave me a homemade card from Lauren and Warren thanking me for the bag of baby goodies I'd given them earlier for their son Matthew, who was born in February. (he shares the Feb. 16 birthday with Josh Adams, another Stephanie, Kyle Nordman, Natalie, Pamela, my sister, and Lesley) That was a bright spot to the day, as was Eric agreeing to give me a ride home after he made sure I wasn't "skipping out on anything."

I told Nathan that he didn't have to drive me to baby Ian's one-month banquet on Friday: he agreed to drive me home should I be stranded by my parents. (they probably won't do anything afterwards, but who knows!) Stella was holding baby Nathaniel; she, Lily, and Maxine were talking about the babies... it's true that Olivia seems unconscious / out of it all the time since she's sleeping! Justin asked me about them, and I answered him. I asked Randal where he'd been on Friday night: he was sleeping since he'd had a long day. Denise and I talked about Jon getting back for a month, and my apartment situation... guess I should decide fairly soon if I want to move, heh. After Sunday School (Christopher Lee's brother Nathan is back.. he likes purple!), Jen and I talked with Dylan about all the heavy rain yesterday: he's afraid he'll die in his 20-year-old car because the windshield wipers can't withstand a lot of rain at once as happened yesterday! (he hates the rain anyhow) When he left to put a whole stack of Bibles back next door, Jen and I talked about how hungry we were for tiramisu and Caesar salad. We could smell the food from the lunch downstairs at church, which didn't help. Nathan and Eric finally pulled up at 1:10... home time for us!

Eric wanted to go downtown to take pictures of a parking meter with no display: fine with me! As we went down Commercial Drive, we saw all these Italian places... I think one even advertised a "Wreck Beach Naked Chef." (ew?) Turns out the parking meter had been fixed sometime between last night and this afternoon: oh well. On the way home, I told Eric about "ground beef panties" (which I should link him to) and "pooping on the floor"... in turn, he bugged me about suudsu and my predicted reaction to it. ("it'll be one of pure joy when you drink gummi bears and milk!") I told him that I wouldn't sleep on a barbecue grill, so he said that I wasn't the Cheat and didn't have a sponge blanket I called Denzel. He also asked if I was the Gummi Lady and had spoiled the kids with gum: not today! That was very much a pleasant ride home!

Now, to finally eat lunch and wait till Eric H. gets on MSN since we kinda have plans to hang out tonight and have Korean BBQ. We've been too busy this week to confirm plans or anything else, but it'll get sorted eventually. ;)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home