Monday, September 05, 2005

System Cleanse 2005 / Eric M.'s birthday

I am happy because I get to go to the PNE later today... that is, if Eric H. ever gets himself online so we can figure things out, haha.

Besides, it's my dear friend's birthday... what could be sweeter than that?

Oh yes, I don't really feel like a giant greaseball anymore... let the system cleanse continue! You don't want to know how much time I spent in the bathroom, either. :P (wish I knew how to open the dry pint of blueberries I have... sigh....)

I *finally* have time to answer my important emails and my commentage... it's basically piled up since Thursday, bleh. :P So yay for that too! Maybe I'll actually also get some work done today... I can hope, haha! :D

Unlike somebody on my LJ friends list, I actually have at least one clearly-defined reason for being all sorts of bouncy today. ;)

IT'S ERIC M.'S 24TH BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!! LOTS OF LOVE AND BEST WISHES TO ENRICO!!!!

I think it's time to cue the Collective Soul / Creed / Big Sugar, and bring on the pink Avec les compliments de VICTOIRE T-shirt / the blue Corona Extra cap / the extremely amusing memories! Wooyeah! Yay for Richmond Crew people who bug me all the time, and don't mean any harm by it! Eric *is* a backwards male, after all. ;) (and no... Palmer isn't even CLOSE to being even an honorary member since Coquitlam is all the way out in the BOONIES! :P )

I hope he reads the Bathroom Reader that I got him: it's like that Roots sweatshirt the Crew got him in 2001, where he HAD to wear it. We made him wear it for about half an hour before he complained that it was too hot in the church sanctuary. (he used to think "roots" was an Australian swear word [it's a real Australian slang word meaning "to have sex with," so it's close enough :P], and was SO in character as his Australian alter-ego Stanley) Eunice, Jon, Steph, and I also got him A-1 steak sauce (not for Slurpees!) and a pooping dog... Jon threw in one of those free Tide liquid detergent samples from the PNE so that Eric could do his laundry in Victoria. Justin thought this was highly amusing: the A-1 steak sauce and the pooping dog both related back to then-current inside jokes, and Eric's reaction was priceless! (he saw the giant Roots bag, and said: "ROOTS?! That's profanity!")

Then there was the giant farewell party I held for him at my place in August 2001... he got a BIG mind-map concept poster, the self-titled Collective Soul CD, something from Andrea, lots of cards (including a GIANT one that couldn't be hidden), a "Diven 4 That" mix CD with worship songs and weird tunes (plus burps) on it from Jon and Nathan, and the company of friends. (the name comes from what he said in an Ultimate game once about what he should have done when a disc was flying through the air)

As usual, I've written more than I ever intended to. So I'm signing off for now... man, those memories were good times! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home