Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Dream: Phil, his grandma, Eric, Jon, and plans / SillyBuddies

I had a dream last night in which I had to go around town with my family before a conference. We had our old Mazda MPV van, and we had to wait for my brother at a Chinese restaurant with red and gold dragons as decorations. Mom got impatient (as would happen in real life :P), and told me to wait for him at the restaurant while they did something else. "It's dark outside, but there are lots of lights at the restaurant and in the street! Besides, you aren't doing anything here!" Since she'd been making similar jabs at me all during the dream thus far, I cursed at her before gladly leaving the van. (I wouldn't audibly curse at her in real life, but she'd sure make those jabs!) As I thought, she immediately turned cold and refused to speak to me.

After going into the restaurant to wait for my brother, I saw a dodgy group of Chinese people at the front counter. They sang a couple of songs, then disappeared into the establishment. I heard a familiar voice, and turned around to discover my friend Phil and his grandma. Grandma was as she is in real life, in a wheelchair and with diminished speech capacity. (I haven't seen her at church in some time, and actually wonder how she is now!) I talked to them for a while before Jon came out, wondering where everyone else was. So I told him what happened, and he said that Eric M. would be driving us elsewhere.. yup, I was very glad to hear that news!

Mom pulled up then and expected us to just get in the van like nothing had happened, with the caveat that nobody should speak to me because of how I'd acted earlier and cursed her out. (I didn't really...) Then my brother turned mouthy (he wouldn't in real life) and informed her: "Well, Eric is driving us somewhere else... that way, we won't have to put up with your melodrama! Steph, wanna come?" My sister got out of the van (she probably wouldn't in real life) and joined the four of us on the sidewalk. We all went back into the restaurant as Mom made to pull away suddenly, but then the group of singing Chinese came out and accosted her. In real life, we'd probably help her no matter what, but then Eric called to say he would be at another entrance soon. After he showed up, we quickly drove away somewhere else. End of dream.

Interpretation: I think I've had a certain situation (my mom calling me a crazy bitch who deserves to go to hell and live life with such hatred in my heart like that) on my mind too often recently, and wish I had that kind of support from friends and siblings.


P.S. I just went up to the third floor of my building to give something to the new caretaker / manager, and it smells like there's something funky going on there... or maybe it's just my weird olfactory nerves. Either way, I'm glad I'm back on the first floor. =/

P.P.S. I need to call Andrea, Sam, and Jon tonight: Esther's wedding / banquet, Awana orientation / BBQ, and possible Steamworks plans. If Eric H. wants to go to the PNE this week or so, he'll catch me on MSN... much easier, and we prefer it that way! ;)


Hey, I've finally heard from Cathie Walker of Silly Buddies! I used to get her e-newsletters all the time, and then kinda wondered what happened to them! New site to play around with... oooh, SHINY! :D (must bookmark...)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home