Saturday, September 03, 2005

"Who did YOU sleep with to get the chair position?" / Blog Color

Eric knocked on my window at 6:15, so we were off. He denied the existence of the Parisienne fart lever, and we heard 106.5 FM (the Christian radio station) play the same song twice in ten minutes... one gas station advertised their gas at 117.2, but it was really selling for the low low price of 114.8. (on the way home, we saw a gas station selling for 118.4... definitely not 104.2 at Knight / 33rd anymore, and these gas prices are how we're affected by the hurricane!)

The dinner was pretty good: Phil, Eddie, Vivian, Eric, Nathan, and others came up to David Fellowship. Silvester just ate with us, but that was okay! (Jon was undecided about which group to go to, but then he found out that he had to lead Daniel worship!) We talked about plans, moving, caffeine, Vivian's trip to France, hockey, Starbucks, McDonald's, food, school, Nathan's orphanage-building experience in Mexico, and other things. Phil mentioned that he'd started reading my blog and found it hilarious: he has to explain to his co-workers that he's not laughing out loud at THEM, haha. Dianne and Melia came back on the same flight yesterday: yay for friends returning! Later, Frances asked me if I'd eaten yet... uh, I was with you at the dinner! Guess I'm just not that noticeable, haha... but she did apologize, so things are cool. I finally got to give Stella her birthday card: she says I always remember, and that's true enough. We split up into groups and had a church / Bible-related Jeopardy game for the program: just a nice easy ice-breaker for us to bond. It was kinda funny when Randal said that our church used to be a Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses... as Lillian could testify if she was still here, it really was the Bethel EFC. Vivian and I tried to dissuade him from giving that as the real answer, but no go. There was a newcomer to the church in our group, and I'm afraid the three of us kinda excluded her. =/ (at least it wasn't the quiet Steven dude, heh)

While we were having dessert, Teresa (who's kinda newish?) asked Eric what his name was again. Then she intimated that Eric was an Anglican... he's white, but that doesn't mean anything in those terms! As Eric said, he may be an AngloPHONE, but not that! What really made us give each other a look was when she asked us if we talked to each other on the phone every day.... uh, maybe at least once a week.... o_O (I dunno, maybe she's like Maisie and thinks we're going out... o_O ) Jon was demonstrating the art of good chest-slap sounds on Dave, Daniel, Eric, and Nathan while inviting various people to Sunday's Steam Works farewell for him and Vivian. I confirmed with Andrea that she'd be giving me a ride to Esther's wedding at around noon (she'll call before she gets here)... it doesn't make sense to go home afterwards, so we'll hang out in between times. (good thing the wedding's at 1 PM instead of 10:30 AM... I'd be SO drained, haha!)

Daniel and Michelle made reservations for twenty at Earl's (and got Melia to come from looking after Grandma), so a bunch of us went even though we were full from dinner and dessert. (Jon, Steph, and Dave were so full from Auntie Grace's dinner... there were 8 people, and she apparently made enough for 15!) Steph had fun telling Michelle about my alcohol-fuelled exploits: "Apparently she thinks family dinners are an excuse for free alcohol..." is NOT true! :P (let's just say it didn't help when I downed half my martini in one go because it would spill if I didn't... and when I took some Guinness and Hoeegarden :P)

Danielle said that she and Citrus had a birthday card for me: she thought my birthday had been Aug. 20 or something! No, they hadn't missed it yet... and I'll have to figure something out for my birthday soon! Danielle thinks that I have to organize my own things because everyone else is too lazy: they'll do things if other people do the organizing, haha. My sister invited me to dinner next week: if she's treating, I'll definitely be up for it! Since my brother's leaving on Wednesday morning, Mom might want to do something the night before if Jon doesn't already have plans. We talked about hockey, worship, the hurricane and the aftereffects on the people (the levee breaking / government response / shooting civilians / anarchy / rape / looting...), Daniel Fellowship, Steph being the chair by default (Jason can't, Vanessa flat-out won't, Melia's already the Awana director and they don't want her to burn out, and it'll look bad if Michelle's the chair since her husband Daniel is one of the counsellors!), Melia getting in trouble at Buckingham Palace for inadvertently going where she wasn't supposed to during the Changing of the Guard, etc.

Someone asked whether I'd gone to the PNE with Eric H. this week: we hadn't messaged each other, so no. We'd better use it soon, or Eric should since he bought the ticket! Probably on Monday then... I'll have to email him. When I got home, there was a "hi" message from him on my screen... he'd signed out already, oops. Guess we'll see what happens with that, haha. Good times with friends... and my weekend is going to be so busy, I won't have time to catch up with everyone here in online-land. But I still have affection for you, in varying degrees! ;)


Your Blog Should Be Purple

You're an expressive, offbeat blogger who tends to write about anything and everything.
You tend to set blogging trends, and you're the most likely to write your own meme or survey.
You are a bit distant though. Your blog is all about you - not what anyone else has to say.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home