Thursday, September 22, 2005

French / Darren's birthday card, Olivia's site, Henrik's visit, quiz memes

C'est pas gagné avec moi!... it's funny that French has a patented phrase for "Hey, when it comes to me, you never know!" Hahahaha, this is courtesy of my international friend Matt. I should SO use this one on Eric or someone... :D

My Calgary friend Darren sent me a birthday card which made me laugh, only because I've used that same card for at least a few people! ("A special friend should have patience... you have patience. A special friend should have understanding... you have understanding. A special friend should get an expensive birthday present... lucky for me you have patience and understanding!") Hahaha, so true! I know he doesn't have much money right now, and wouldn't expect it in any case! Thanks, Darren... you're the best!

Sophia and John have posted some pictures and video of baby Olivia on this site... I'll definitely be browsing through later!

My Swedish friend Henrik says I'd most likely be at the mercy of Sunday transit schedules, since he'll be SO tired on the Saturday... that, I can do. Heck, I'll be in Vancouver ANYHOW for church, so it's not like I'd be going a zillion miles out of my way! Haha... first weekend of October, here we come for an international meeting of the minds! (Sweden and Canada may have been rivals in the 2002 Winter Olympics at Salt Lake City, but it's not true in this case!)


10 Things I'm Interested In



  1. bands:
    What's not to like about bands? I like music, and bands go hand in hand with that.
  2. cds:
    Goes hand in hand with being interested in music and such, haha.
  3. culture:
    I've always been interested in how the world works in different parts of society. Maybe I should do something about that... heck, if only I'd taken Anthropology or Western Civilization!
  4. goofing off:
    Haha, this is one of the things I'm best at. ;)
  5. instant messaging:
    Dude, I have Trillian... of COURSE I'd be interested in instant messaging! ;) It's a quick easy way to stay in touch with certain selected people, although sometimes I do wish for new people to meet... or that certain people would still talk to me despite their having drifted away like they said they'd never do! :P
  6. message boards:
    They can be a good way to interact online, and get to know people. I remember one of the first message boards I'd ever seen... the thread was about a woman who had recently died, so all the posts were of the condolence type. Then I thought to myself, "How do these people know she's DEAD? I don't get it..." Then I was introduced to the Twinstuff message board through random searching. Now I'm a member of at least 10 message boards, but rarely post on most of them. (Twinstuff, SDMB, Una, Our Place, the Subwoofer forums, etc.)
  7. oddities:
    Man, I've always been interested in the strange and bizarre... I have a lot of Ripley's books at home, haha.
  8. quirky stuff:
    See above. I love coincidences and the "little things" that add up to a whole lot of "I don't know what that was, but it's so awesome!"
  9. stories:
    I used to write stories about goat royalty, and now I just read (almost) all sorts of stories. If you wanted to give me books as a present, I wouldn't mind at all! (I got a bunch of them for my recent birthday, haha)
  10. twins:
    For some reason, I've always been interested in twins / triplets / quadruplets / anything higher. Facts About Multiples has been a good source of information and such for me since 1998, and Eric's seen my endless Google searches on quadruplets / quintuplets and such in 2001. Corey says it'll be cosmic revenge or God's sense of humor if I ever end up with multiples to parent! (he thinks he'll be the first person I tell if I end up pregnant with quintuplets, hahaha)




You Are 30% Boyish and 70% Girlish

Even if you're not a girl, you're very feminine.
You're in touch with your feelings, and your heart rules you.
A bit of a emotional roller coaster, one moment you're up and the next you're down.
But no matter what, you try to be as cute and perky as possible.



You scored as Bragi.

Bragi

70%

Balder

70%

Freyr

60%

Frigg

60%

Loki

60%

Thor

50%

Heimdall

50%

Odin

50%

Freya

40%

Tyr

30%

Hel

30%

Njord

30%

Skadi

20%

Sif

10%

Which Pagan God or Goddess are you most like?
created with QuizFarm.com

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you welcome leslie, yes i be super broke and looking forward to my $400 from King ralph, which i may now waste on a Wacom tablet

Saturday, September 24, 2005 at 5:18:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Scholiast said...

I'm looking forward to hearing about your quints ;) I've got quads myself - loads of fun! They're 5 years old now, and try to do everything their almost 8-year-old brother does..

Nice blog!

Monday, September 26, 2005 at 9:18:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Flami said...

Darren: I hope you used it well. :D

Thursday, February 15, 2007 at 3:44:00 PM PST  
Blogger Flami said...

Scholiast: The key word was "IF."

Thursday, February 15, 2007 at 3:45:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home