Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Boston Pizza and endless torment

Earlier today, I met Palmer near the Boston Pizza, but we went to the CityFarm Market and Chapters first since we weren't that hungry yet. (it was only 5:30 or so!) After telling me about cleaning microwaves at work, he decided to torment me endlessly about stuff... and asked me why I kept him around if he was so annoying. I don't know... but it's cool for now. If he does / says anything that's outta line, I'll definitely let him know!

At the Chinese market, we saw some very interesting flavors of Pocky: cheesecake, green tea, Canada Pocky (with maple syrup!), and milk tea. Then again, we also saw corn Pretz... ah, those wacky innovative Japanese. Gotta love 'em! Then we saw some Engrishy slogan on a sports drink... I wish I could remember what it was. But those things would be what my brother and I will laugh over for a few minutes at Yaohan! We even saw some durians and durian cake: Jon, Jeremy, and Eunice would love those! We walked around Chapters for a bit and looked at some interesting books: manga for him, some Bathroom Readers / the Onion and true crime for me. There was this cool cookbook which one of his friends has: it's humorous and presumes you have nothing but a bare-bones knowledge of cooking. Might do for me or even my brother, haha.

From there, it was off to dinner. He gave me some weird look when I ordered a Sleeman's Honey Brown Lager: yes, I told you that I was in the mood for beer! I took a departure from my usual Pasta Tuesday habits (jambalaya fettuccini), and ordered a spicy Italian penne dish. (I can imagine what my mother would think, hahaha! "A plate of... PENIS?!") It was all right, but I didn't really like the onion slices... ah well, you take what you can get. He had a Boston Cheesesteak (mmm, meat!) and an iced tea. Like I said, I was fine with him ordering what he wanted... it was my treat, after all.

We had a warm discussion over dinner about his girlfriend and about his habit of endlessly tormenting me about stuff. He can be annoying, but he's also quite playful... kinda reminds me of my brother, haha. Of course (as far as I know), Palmer doesn't chest-chop people or jump in front of cars his friends are driving! But hey, it was all good. I think we had a good time... he just loves teasing me for some bizarre reason which I haven't figured out yet. (other than that I am crazy and fun to bug :P) But in the end, I think we were okay: I got reassurances from him about certain things, and I did get my needed hugs. :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home