Friday, August 26, 2005

Moving on up, Friday Five, 20 songs parents hate, RIAA albums, 162 movies, US Citizenship, Fortunes

Eric's just asked me what David Fellowship is doing the first week of September: a welcome for all the new people! (Eric M., Alan, Phil, Edwin, Nathan, Jen, Erin, Eunice, Eddie... Nathan will no longer be the David Marr of his generation since he stayed in Daniel Fellowship till he was 25, haha) If he contacts anyone about the fact he / they're all going up, it should be Lesley. Reminds me, I should tell Randal I'm coming to that dinner or whatever it is they're planning... I read the email really quickly, so didn't quite get the contents, haha.

Now it's time to get to the bank before it closes... I owe various people MONEY, haha. I like to pay off my debts / bills ASAP. ;)


Friday Five

1. List five people and a song that reminds you of them or that you think best describes them (list the person's name, the song title, and the song's artist).

A. Bon Jovi's Always reminds me of my Australian friend Jay (the J Man) because they're his favorite artist.
B. Big Sugar's Butterball reminds me of Eric M., since he always sings that to bug me. :D
C. AC/DC's Thunderstruck reminds me of my old friend Elizabeth, since she LOVED this song to NO END.
D. Kim Stockwood's Jerk describes Yazmine's friendship-ending behavior perfectly. (over 50 cents?! that girl was DELUSIONAL, I tell ya!)
E. Tom Cochrane's Life Is A Highway reminds me of Adam Remsen, my old Memphis friend. There's a line that references both Memphis and Vancouver. :D


2. What would your life's soundtrack be?

Appropriate music for the angsty moments and such, like Everclear / Children of Bodom / Cradle of Filth. For the good moments, I'd have to say anything by Matthew Good (Band). (note to self: play the ApologetiX when Palmer comes over next... if he wants to take weird digicam pictures, I can certainly do that!)


3. Which would you prefer: to live somewhere that is hot, or to live somewhere that is cold year-round? Why?

Somewhere that's hot, because I can't take the cold too well... and Vancouver's like the most temperate place ever! o_O


4. Suppose you had twins, a boy and a girl. What names would you give and why?

Well, at least I know how NOT to name twins! (rhyming names, names that start with the same initial, etc.) Probably Sebastian / Tatiana... or if that's too posh, James (Jamie?) / Gloria. (I have a lot of other names on reserve too, haha)


5. What's a quote / lyric that describes you right now?

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here, Dante Aligheri's Divine Comedy


From MuchMusic's Listed: The Top 20 Songs Parents Hate! (I should watch that show, since it's about one of my favorite things: lists!)

The 20 songs parents hate:

20. DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince (Will Smith), Parents Just Don't Understand
19. Baha Men, Who Let The Dogs Out?
18. Tiffany, I Think We're Alone Now
17. Sisqo, The Thong Song
16. Afroman, Because I Got High
15. The Doors, Light My Fire
14. George Michael, I Want Your Sex
13. The Clash, I Fought The Law
12. Bloodhound Gang, The Bad Touch
11. The Sex Pistols, Anarchy In The UK
10. Poison, Talk Dirty To Me
9. Salt 'n' Pepa, Push It
8. N.W.A., Straight Outta Compton
7. Christina Aguilera, Dirrty (and Palmer wondered what I was talking about last week... :P)
6. Sir Mixalot, Baby Got Back
5. Marilyn Manson, Anti-Christ Superstar
4. Madonna, Like A Virgin
3. Beastie Boys, Fight For Your Right
2. 2 Live Crew, Me So Horny
1. Twisted Sister, We're Not Gonna Take It


Go here and see how many you have... I have 23 of them...

22.0 -- Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin IV
15.0 -- Led Zeppelin, Physical Graffiti
15.0 -- Santana, Supernatural
13.0 -- Steve Miller Band, Greatest Hits 1974-78
12.0 -- Bon Jovi, Slippery When Wet
12.0 -- Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin II
11.0 -- TLC, CrazySexyCool (I think my sister still has the tape somewhere...)
10.0 -- Green Day, Dookie
10.0 -- Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin
10.0 -- Linkin Park, Hybrid Theory
10.0 -- Nirvana, Nevermind
10.0 -- U2, The Joshua Tree
9.0 -- the Doors, The Best of the Doors
8.0 -- Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin I
8.0 -- U2, Achtung Baby
7.0 -- Eagles, Live
7.0 -- Queen, Greatest Hits
6.0 -- the Cars, Greatest Hits
6.0 -- Creed, My Own Prison
6.0 -- Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin III
6.0 -- Nickelback, Silver Side Up
6.0 -- Third Eye Blind, Third Eye Blind
5.0 -- the Police, Every Breath You Take: The Classics


Only number the movies you've seen. If you've seen over 70 out of this list of 162, you're a movie junkie.

(1) Rocky Horror Picture Show
(2) Grease
(3) Pirates of the Caribbean
() Boondock Saints
() The Mexican
() Fight Club
() Starsky and Hutch
() Neverending Story
() Blazing Saddles (someone I used to know kept recommending I see this one....)
(4) Airplane
(5) The Princess Bride
() Young Frankenstein
() AnchorMan: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
() Napoleon Dynamite
() Saw
() White Noise
() White Oleander
() Anger Management
() 50 First Dates
() Jason X
() Scream
() Scream 2
() Scream 3
() Scary Movie
() Scary Movie 2
() Scary Movie 3
() American Pie
() American Pie 2
() American Wedding
() Harry Potter
() Harry Potter 2
() Harry Potter 3
() Resident Evil
() Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse
() The Wedding Singer
() Little Black Book
() The Village
() Donnie Darko
(6) Lilo & Stitch
() Finding Nemo
(7) Finding Neverland
() Th13rteen Ghosts
() Signs
() The Grinch
() Texas Chainsaw Massacre
() White Chicks (haha, we almost rented this one last week! :P)
() Butterfly Effect
() 13 Going on 30
() I, Robot
() Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story
() Universal Soldier
() A Series Of Unfortunate Events
() Along Came Polly
() Deep Impact
() KingPin
() Never Been Kissed
() Meet The Parents
(8) Meet the Fockers
() Eight Crazy Nights
() A Cinderella Story
() The Terminal
() The Lizzie McGuire Movie
() Passport to Paris
() Dumb & Dumber
() Dumb & Dumberer
() Final Destination
() Final Destination 2
() Halloween
() The Ring
() The Ring 2
() Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle
() Practical Magic
(9) Chicago
() Ghost Ship
() From Hell
() Hellboy
() Secret Window
() I Am Sam
() The Whole Nine Yards
() The Day After Tomorrow
() Child's Play
() Bride of Chucky
() Ten Things I Hate About You
() Just Married
() Gothika
() Nightmare on Elm Street
() Sixteen Candles
() Coach Carter
(10) Bad Boys
(11) Bad Boys 2
() Joy Ride
(12) Seven
(13) Oceans Eleven
() Oceans Twelve
() Identity
() Lone Star
() Bedazzled
() Predator
(14) Independence Day
() Cujo
() Darkness Falls
() Christine
(15) ET
() Children of the Corn
() My Boss' Daughter
() Maid in Manhattan
() Frailty
() Best Bet
() How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
() She's All That
() Calendar Girls
() Sideways
() Mars Attacks
() Event Horizon
() Ever After
(16) Forrest Gump
(17) Big Trouble in Little China (Band trip memories!)
() X-Men
() X-2: X-Men United
() Jeepers Creepers
() Jeepers Creepers 2
() Catch Me If You Can
() The Others
(18) Freaky Friday
() Reign of Fire
() Cruel Intentions
() The Hot Chick
() Swimfan
() Miracle
() Old School
(19) Ray
() The Notebook
() K-Pax
() Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
() Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
(20) Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
() A Walk to Remember
() Boogeyman
() Hitch
(21) The Fifth Element
(22) Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
() Star Wars Episode II: Attack of The Clones
() Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of The Sith
() Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
() Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
() Star Wars Episode VI: Return of The Jedi
() Troop Beverly Hills
() Swimming with Sharks
() Air Force One
() For Richer or Poorer
(23) Trainspotting (my siblings and I made our parents watch this one, haha... they were HORRIFIED!)
() People Under the Stairs
() Blue Velvet
(24) Sound of Music
() Parent Trap
() Parent Trap 2
() The Burbs
(25) The Terminator
() Empire Records
() SLC Punk
() Meet Joe Black
() A Bronx Tale


You Failed the US Citizenship Test

Oops, you only got 3 out of 10 right!


Hahaha. That is SO not a surprise. :P


Your Fortune Is

Man who fight with wife all day get no piece at night.



Hahahaha! Sounds like those "Confucius Say..." wisdom nuggets! Examples here... Google "Confucius Say" for more!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home