Monday, August 22, 2005

Lorem Ipsum, hilarious restaurant typos, Crime Library

Feeling a little better now... it's amazing how much some venting and cursing can do for you. ;)

I always wondered about the "Lorem Ipsum" filler text on Blogger templates, and I finally have an answer! Filler text that's sorta like Latin, and it helps focus on readable text. Ah, the things I find on my friendsfriends page... a community dedicated to linguaphiles!

I just saw "pills" typoed (I hope!) as "bills"... that reminds me of when we were at Rasputin last week, and saw "dumblings" being offered on the menu. (context: This whole starting my white bills a day earlier than normal) Not in the same league as Engrish, but close. ;)

It also reminds me of the time a bunch of us went out to eat at this Hong Kong-style café last June after Fellowship. The menu had these hilarious typos on it! (we discussed those, raw dog, their spitting in our food, etc.)

Stir Fried Bean Spouse & Shrimp with Sambal Sauce
Special Lamp in Hot Pot
Condensed Mike & Peanut Butter Toast
Beed Fried Rice Noodle


Then there was the time in August 2001 that Jon and I went to eat at a Chinese restaurant with a bunch of his friends. (we saw them at the Chinese Night Market, of all places) That menu offered "Senior Dried Rice"... the funny thing was that they spelled it correctly ("fried rice") on the specials placard! At least it wasn't "friend rice," haha.

Now I'm off to read some Crime Library. Delicious quirky stuff, that site is! ;)

A post at 1812 military time! Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture comes to mind, as does Nick Krusek / Paul McMahon / memories of (Concert) Band... good times! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home