Thursday, May 19, 2005

Dreams of being officially old at 35 / Corey's new monitor and STAR WARS / Bathroom stall / quizzes

I had a weird dream that featured Mary (in her Awana uniform), Melia (in a pink shirt and burgundy jeans), Denise (in a white top and black bottoms), and a bunch of my other friends going around with me in a store that sold a LOT of stuff. We were pushing shopping carts around on the streets, and I was worrying because I was officially old at 35. o_O

No, of course 35 isn't old in this society we have now! I think my subconscious is trying to tell me something... that, or it's my biological clock. I'm getting very strange urges, and I don't mean the good kind of strange either. :P I'm also thinking of what might have happened had I tried certain things in the past few weeks, but that's all over and done with. Too bad, because I think I enjoyed such things. On that note, I'm not sure the "Dirty Mind" test below is entirely accurate. ;)

But then if my brother can dream of some guy [Matt Mark] in his Toronto Fellowship (even though he protested to me and Dave that it wasn't true / he didn't remember since he slept at 5:30 AM before going back to Vancouver), then who knows? My brain may yet get me... o_O

Corey's gone to see Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, and joked that he'd tell me ALL about the movie when he gets back. Sure, why not... I don't plan on seeing it ANYWAY now that Elizabeth and James are no longer in my life. They dragged me to see Episode I: The Phantom Menace twice, and James even fell asleep during that movie! Corey was also saying that he bored me with his enthusiastic descriptions of his brand new widescreen LCD monitor... no, not at all. It sounds like a cool one, though.. especially since it was on sale!


[12:52:24] Corey: my new monitor is here!

holy crap, it's awesome... it's almost too big :P there's so much room on the screen, maximizing windows is almost dumb to do :P if I go to google maximized, like 75% of the screen is blank white space :P I could probably fit FOUR decently sized browser windows on here without overlapping them... :P and movies are REALLY cool.... fills up the screen since it's widescreen and they fit the shape of it right..... very cool :P ditto for games... very cool in widescreen :P
[12:52:43] Corey: my mom saw this thing and her first comment was, "maybe we should have got one for us too!"
[12:55:39] Flami: Jon's finally home!: sounds awesome! just how big did you say this monitor was?!
[12:59:09] Corey: 20.1" widescreen... and it's an LCD so that means it's actually that size :P you lose an inch or so of actual viewable space on normal monitors
[13:02:01] Corey: it's slightly bigger vertically than my 17" CRT monitor that's dying on me... and a whole lot wider...
[13:03:55] Corey: so it's pretty cool.. even if stuff doesn't support widescreen (so it puts black bars down the sides..) it's still a bit bigger than it was on my old monitor.. and with widescreen support... quite a bit bigger :P the game I bought with this actually supports this monitor's native resolution (1600 x 1050), so it fits the screen perfectly.. and it's very cool :P
[13:05:35] Corey: if stuff doesn't support widescreen though, you can have the monitor make it fill the whole screen and stretch the image out.. or it can just scale it up until it fits, but keep the aspect ratio (so, black bars...)
[13:08:06] Corey: the other really cool thing is that it supports FOUR things hooked up to it at once, and there's a button on the front that cycles through all those things... then it has picture in picture options too... so you could use the main screen for the computer, then have a window with a video game or DVD player, or TV or something... or you can even have it put two things side by side.. so TV next to the computer screen or whatever :P

plus you can turn the whole screen 90 degrees.. which gives me a screen almost as wide as my old monitor, but way taller... useful for pictures, comics, reading stuff....
[13:08:20] Corey: and now that I've bored you with all that.. I'm off to go see Star Wars :P
[13:08:54] Corey: it's 10 minutes after 2 hours early right now... so I think I'll head over there...
[13:09:02] Flami: Jon's finally home!: good idea...
[13:09:05] Flami: Jon's finally home!: take a book
[13:10:11] Corey: I kinda want to take my laptop and watch Clone Wars (the cartoon that takes place between SW II and III) but if I'm going to be standing, that won't work very well.... that cartoon goes right up to the start of Episode III, though
[13:10:44] Flami: Jon's finally home!: yeah, I don't think it'd work very well, either
[13:10:47] Corey: I'll just head over there and wait, I guess :P maybe there'll be freaks in costumes to watch :P
[13:11:02] Corey: anyway, I'm off...
[13:11:09] Flami: Jon's finally home!: yeah, that'll be fun :P
[13:11:14] Flami: Jon's finally home!: talk to you later then
[13:12:15] Corey: I'll be sure to tell you everything about the movie when I come back ;)
[13:12:24] Corey: talk to you later
[13:12:30] Flami: Jon's finally home!: haha, I'm so sure
[13:12:31] Flami: Jon's finally home!: later


Hey, I just noticed any animation in icons is working yet again! Score! (makes me wonder how long it'll last, though...)


On some bathroom stall in a Richmond Asian shopping centre:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com













On the Verge

You scored 41% Dirtiness!

According to your score, you are on the threshold of possessing a truly dirty mind. You might enjoy a dirty joke or two once in a while, but you haven't allowed your thoughts to become that smutty. You may enjoy thinking dirty once in a while, but chances are it's not your top priority on your list of things to think about. You take it easy and probably don't offend people, and probably aren't easily offended, either. You possess a good balance of pure and impure thoughts.
















My test tracked 1 variable How you compared to other people your age and gender:
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 7% on Dirtiness




Link: The Dirty Mind Test written by demainneviendra on Ok Cupid







Your Star Wars Name and Title



Your Star Wars Name: Lesng Chvan
Your Star Wars Title: Gncho of Noj





Your Amazing Yoda Sex Line


"Down here, I am. Find a ladder, I must!"





Your Star Wars Pickup Line

"I may look like an Ewok, but I'm all Wookie where it counts, baby."







I threw a temper tantrum, and you KNOW what happens when I don't get what I want.

What did YOU do?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home