Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Sister's Xanga, hilarious parental quotes, passport

My brother's back from Toronto! We had a good time chatting with him; apparently, he left eighteen bars of soap (among other things) with his friend Alan. Mom bought much lotion, soap, shampoo, conditioner, and such for the school year: of course, they're not going to use it ALL! He still has two big tubs of Jergen's lotion, for example. I liked the mug he made in Toronto... he painted it himself, and it says "Yaz is ug" on the bottom, hehehe. Despite what Corey says, it isn't caveman talk... it's just a weird dialect that our family made up once, haha. He was hungry since WestJet doesn't feed you, so we went for some wonton mein before shopping for mangoes and such at the Chinese market. (the one that Palmer and I went to that time) To his disappointment, there were no durians for sale. I'm sure he and Jeremy will be going for some durian bubble tea this summer, along with lots of Pho! (he has it twice a week now, haha) We went around the market a bit, then went home to unload the luggage that he did bring home. I helped by taking in the groceries and his violin. Later, I took out both US and Canadian money from the bank. I also bought toilet paper (on sale), and picked up my passport from the post office. Last week, they said I'd have to wait till May 25 to get it, so getting it now just proves that they're pretty fast sometimes! Now, I'm going to have dinner with my family... then probably go out for bubble tea with Jon, Nathan, and Eric. I'm not even sure what time I'll be home, but that's the beauty of summertime hangouts! :D


Hilarious parental quotes from the afternoon:

Mom to me: "Are you sure you don't want to move back home and pay us rent? That way, I can be sure that you don't go into... other professions! You never know about this Internet friend of yours. Jayson might drug you and then rape you... and then make you do other things that you don't want! He could be a primp!" My sister and I just laughed at her for being too paranoid, and for mangling English. She always does something to English that doesn't sound right!

Mom, upon half-listening to my comment to Steph about finally emailing her a link to Palmer's picture: "You're going to pick up Jason Yeasting? Your Internet friend is going to pick you up?! Who's Palmer?!" (My sister explained that Palmer was his onscreen name, and our conversation had nothing to do with our friend Jason. She doesn't think that Palmer's the dude she saw on the TV show who was wanted for harassing girls on the Vancouver Dateline thing, either!)

Dad, upon hearing my sister's plans for tonight with Jessica and Margaret: "You're going to watch a show called America's Next Topless Model?!" My siblings and I laughed at him for THAT one! It's America's Next Top Model, NOT the other thing! :P



Steph's Xanga: she has links to all sorts of stuff.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home