Wednesday, May 18, 2005

A productive and reassuring post-midnight phone call with Palmer / Poetry Form / Music Stuff

I was up till 2:15 AM on the phone with Palmer. He'd told me all week that we could indeed be friends, that The Three weren't going to kill me, and that we could get together in the future without worrying about the last few weeks. While I had believed him up to an extent, I felt that I needed to actually HEAR his voice telling me things would be okay. (yeah, I'm too needy already and I'm not even his girlfriend :P) So after dancing around and hinting at it for a while last night, I finally told him what I needed. He was quite willing to do so, which caused me to be a little surprised in a good way. Heh... a post-midnight phone call in which we talked about things, and I was rambly and hyper: he didn't seem to mind, though! Reading things on your screen is all very well and good, but I'll take the chance to actually hear someone's voice if I have it! (yay for local internet correspondents! :P)

It wasn't about me after all, and none of them are upset with me in any way. It would have happened no matter who it was, and they'd be glad to hear I was okay with things. He told me that Alli felt upset and terrible about making me feel the same way given recent events... he knew I'd have trouble believing that one. I did kinda think that she and the others would be like: "Nyaah! He's ours and you can't ever have him!" because I don't really know them. Alli thinks I'm sweet and nice (which is what I always get from people), while the other two are neutral on me... honestly, I feel the same way about them. Jami and Neko like me because he does... like any friend would with a friend of a friend. I don't know what will happen if ever we meet, though... *eep* But he did manage to make me feel better about things as a whole: I was definitely reassured, and he even said that I could ask him for that kind of favor again. Heck, I could even be a demanding bitch about it, and he'd be more than fine with that! (he says that works better than being nice and polite.. he's been trying to train me and Alli up in that way!)

He doesn't like my mother's mentality about Internet people... I obviously do not share in that! For a while, he was having evil fun coming up with scenarios where he'd introduce himself to my parents and family as "the Satanist who was over at her apartment" and "the person with three girlfriends who corrupted your sister." (no, he's not a Satanist; just a nominal pagan type) I'd hope he wouldn't ever do that in person... creates a very messy potential, y'know? Ah well, we had a reassuring fun conversation: I was surprised when he mentioned overnighting at my place again, only because I thought those days would be long over. The Three want him to have both new and old friends, but they just don't want him to be overnighting anywhere more than once every fortnight or so. (which does make some sense... if they didn't want him to have ANY friends, I'd be like: "Dude, there's something seriously wrong here...")

He STILL has that annoying cough! I told him to get to a doctor: he usually ignores them until they go away. This one hasn't for at least a few weeks, so I said I'd take him to the doctor next time he was here... he invited me to try. Well, I'm just concerned like I would be with any friend of mine! Although I did notice his taking my cough drops when he was over here both times... I don't know if they helped, but he was welcome to them! (as he is to whatever's around if he's over, like any friend of mine would be)

So all in all, it was a very nice conversation: I hung up the phone feeling tired, but ultimately peaceful about the whole thing. Earlier, I had sought reassurance / strength / forgiveness / hope that things would go well, and I'd received those things in full. That was pretty awesome! So yes, I think we can definitely make the process work! (which is a long shot better than how I was feeling a couple days ago) I really should work on being more forthright and less annoying, though... it might be easier on the both of us!

P.S. Oh, and I did find the Starbucks mocha I was asking him about last week. It was on the side fridge door. I put it there to make room for the dessert crepes, and then forgot about it. He's not the only one who forgets things. ;)


A Music Baton!

01. Total volume of music files on my computer?
No idea. So I did a search on "*.mp3" in Drive C. 91.96 MB and 330.9 KB. Yeah, I'm math-challenged... despite Palmer thinking I'm a math / stats nerd!

02. The last CD I bought was:
Can't remember. Probably the remastered version of Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet.

03. Song playing right now:
Jack Off Jill, Bruises Are Back In Style

04. Five songs I listen to a lot or that mean a lot to me (in no particular order):
Matthew Good, Near Fantastica
Radiohead, Karma Police
Big Sugar, If I Had My Way
the Clash, London Calling
Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love



I'm the lai, with no sort
Of grave, solemn thought,
And I
Will never be caught
By miseries sought,
Nor sigh;
Where battles are fought
Or arguments brought,
I fly.

(If you were not a Lai, you would be Ottava Rima.)
What Poetry Form Are You?



You scored as Avenue Q. You are AVENUE Q! Your life revolves around your friends. You can always trust your friends to be able to support you in all that you do. You don't need lots of money and fancy things to satisfy your needs. You know you have a great purpose in life, and you are searching to find out what it is.

Your song: Purpose
Your color: Orange

Avenue Q

81%

Wicked

44%

Rent

44%

Hairspray

38%

Little Shop of Horrors

31%

Phantom of the Opera

25%

Which musical are you?
created with QuizFarm.com

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home