Sunday, May 15, 2005

Goodbye to Christon, white man jokes, Alaska brochure, discussions with Eric, and more people!

Today was the last day we'd see Christon for eight months, because he's going to Edmonton on a hard labor co-op. (that's what his roommate describes it as) He still hasn't packed yet, since he kinda has to decide what to bring / what to leave / having enough room for the stuff he'll buy there. At least he sat right by me in service, so I know he was there. We said goodbye to him later on, and he knows we'll be thinking of him!

I gave Adela her way-late birthday card, and discussed lunch plans before the meeting with a few people. Phil, Michelle, and others went to McDonalds. There's this new guy from Mexico at church: we thought his name was Mark, but it's really Omar... I know I'd like to get to know him better, if possible! Talked to a few people about the Back to the Future marathon Nathan had at his place yesterday: Christon says they were done before midnight, which is a rarity around there! ;)

Dawn wanted us to get a shrimp salad roll from the Pho restaurant for her, so we did that. Jen, Nathan, Eric, and I made a bunch of jokes and discussed various parody movies and Forrest Gump. When Jon gets back on Wednesday, we really should all hang out... it's going to be fun! Bubble tea, movie nights, parties, friends... ah, good times! :D

I told Nathan that I'd finally tried egg with soda: I agree with him that it tastes good. Then I told them about taking my friend out for Pho since he'd never had it before. Since Nathan was like o_O, I had to tell him that this person was a white guy who isn't as good as Eric! :D Then we made a bunch of jokes about white people... Eric just gave us funny looks, hahaha! (I wonder what they would have said had I told them that this dude didn't even know how to use chopsticks... perhaps Eric would have said, "Even *I* know how to use them! What's wrong with him?!" *laugh* )

During the meeting (which ended at the uncommonly early time of 3:30), Jen and Sheena admired my Alaska Princess cruise line brochure: the pictures are pretty beautiful, indeed! Lots of wildflowers, icebergs, activities (Jen would love the wine tasting, hahaha), caribou, food, and everything else! I'll get my sister to put a bunch of pics online when we get back!

Tim and I both commented on Nathan's cold: he's been sick for a week, and doesn't know quite what to blame it on! I suggested the floating air molecules, but then he came up with a better idea: he's blaming it on all the Communists in North Korea. ("DON'T BOMB JAPAN!!!") :D (it sounds better than it reads, or maybe you just had to be there, hahahaha)

Afterwards, I wanted Eric to give me a ride home so that I could discuss this past week in more detail with him alone. It was a good conversation, and I know I'm not that good myself. Oh well. We then discussed toilet paper, gibberish, baby talk, the Sims, and executing me for my plans of eating cereal for dinner before he dropped me off. I'll have to go to the bank anyhow this week to get some US money prior to the cruise... maybe Thursday.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home