Sunday, March 20, 2005

Baby boom, 30-Hour Famine, services, amusement, repost of Dave's piggy cats

Random notes on the day at church:

* Sophia is also going to be a mother; John terms it a "gift from God" since they weren't trying at all. He also notes that the baby boom is coming about two years after the wedding boom. I hope their kid is born near my birthday, haha. (I give Sophia her birthday card, but unfortunately miss Julie and Adela even though I see them both!)

* Citrus, Cordia, Samuel, Erin, Christon, Joey, and everyone else who played dodgeball yesterday are really sore. Doing anything was really hard last night after the intense games they played!

* Frances and I sponsor Stanley, Margaret, Julie, and Elaine for the 30-Hour Famine. They tell us that Anita had a roll of loonies, and donated $1 each to them. I remember doing it multiple times when I was their age; not for Timothy Fellowship, but for the PJ program at another church. They should get $10 each from me next week.

* I see Andrea with her boyfriend Chuck and talk for a bit.

* Nathan has to do a thesis proposal / defense on Thursday, but has too many committments to people in the meantime to work on it!

* Esther tells me that Wes is also getting baptized next week... I guess that means I need to get a card for him, too!

* Eric thinks I'm losing my mind since I fail to have a grasp on reality. I tell him that he should feel honored that I laugh randomly in his car, and he shoots me a dubious look. (but I feel so COMFORTABLE with him!) He also mishears my "I'll ask you about the Sunrise service again on Friday" as "I'll ask you on Sunday." That wouldn't make much sense at all, since it starts at 6:30 AM on Sunday morning. Then again, I mishear his "I'm looking for Daniel or Michelle to give them camp money" as "I'm looking for Phil and Chung Yan." So I'm guessing we're even on the day. :D

* Dawn is sick with a cough, so Christon and I tell her to buy Halls from the 7-11 after service. It doesn't help that it's raining and windy outside!

* For some reason, I'm thinking more often about what COULD have happened in the recent past. I know I shouldn't be, and that there was nothing that I could have ultimately done... sigh. Then again, I'm also thinking that I'll really miss Christon when he leaves in May... but he's younger than I am. Ah well, he's been a nice person so far. :D




Repost of Dave Chin's piggy cats:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sorry if you couldn't see them before... Photobucket to the rescue!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home