Friday, March 18, 2005

I must really miss hockey if I dream about the Canucks!

I dreamed that a bunch of friends and I lived at the group house I was in before I moved to this apartment. The floor of the house was bright orange fuzzy carpet, like it was in the 70's. We were hanging out, and some of us left to go to a party. I was in bed and oblivious to all the goings-on until Jesse woke me up at 2 PM. He wanted me to be at the party, but was also concerned that I hadn't slept enough. I said I'd be fine after I took a shower and got ready. The shower tiles were light green, and the bathroom came stocked with anything we wanted.

After I got out of there, I remember watching a hockey game complete with analysis on TV. It was an old hockey game, as the contest clearly featured Mark Messier playing with the Canucks, and the commentary said something about a terrible mistake on his part. The blunder really shouldn't have happened so soon after he got traded from winning the Stanley Cup with the New York Rangers. The blue background and the white font of the written analysis reminded me of old-school Sportsdesk. (now called SportsCentre)

Later, we finally went to the party in Samuel's orange Beetle. (he doesn't have one in real life) The party was held in some reception hall; when I got there, I saw more of my friends. Tim, Amanda, and Marian especially gave me a warm reception. ("We haven't seen you in SO long! How have you been?") I remember having a good time and drinking plenty of iced pop, but that's about it.


(I see Tim quite often in real life at church; in fact, I will probably see him tonight! The last time I saw Amanda was at the anniversary dinner a couple of weekends ago... she and Tim are so related by marriage, since his wife Maxine is her cousin. I haven't seen Marian in years, but I hear she and white Kyle are happily married... she may or may not be pregnant, so I'll ask Daniel or Nathan.)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home