Wednesday, February 04, 2004

RQ chat and J. Geils Band songs

today, I spent time in an RQ chat.. nothing new!
Rhett said that he was having pizza and bubble tea..
I thought the BBT part was cool since he's from New York..
so I asked him what flavor the bubble tea was..
he said it had no flavor, and it wasn't the green tea one..
my theory was that it didn't have any bubbles in it..
his answer was that it did, but had no flavor.. "sheesh!"
whatever you say, dude.. I'm not going to argue with ya..
especially since we've only just begun to IM..
still, though.. the question's not very hard to answer! :P


I can't believe Sarah thinks Centrefold is from the 90's..
she may have listened to it in high school / college..
but I think the explanation is that she was on an 80's kick..
that, or she's glommed onto a very similar song..
looked it up for her to make sure.. it was a hit in 1982 :P


earlier tonight, I was looking at a question on what our thoughts were at that time..
my answer was: "whether my brother's seen Big Fish yet"..
then I looked at the previous answers to that one..
someone mentioned a Kikkoman soy sauce flash animation..
for some reason, that made me think of an ex-someone..
he had mentioned it to me once while we were talking..
ARGH.. GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HEAD, DAMN YOU!!!
I'd seen it before.. courtesy of who, I don't remember..
but thank goodness it wasn't that particular person!

that sparked unwelcome thoughts and memories of him..
and of the avatar that he uses at a certain message board..
after I wondered what to do about this for a while..
I decided to listen to Collective Soul / Big Sugar / Creed..
(at least until the Alan Cross New Rock show tonight at 11..
the 100 greatest moments / events of new rock history)
music that will make me think of Eric and our good times..
replace the bad memories with the excellent ones..
it's working, too.. I can definitely feel the soothing relaxation..
Eric is definitely a great memory I'll always hold.. wooyeah! :)

although I do console myself with this fact among others..
assuming I'd have found RQ and its wonderfulness anyhow..
I probably wouldn't have time to talk to him! :P
I'd be too busy replying to stuff in my email..
catching up with the inter-related communities..
talking to the people in those communities over IM..
(speaking of which, the Giant Prawn isn't back yet...
might be time to issue that APB that I was musing about)
besides, I don't know if I'd be interested in him.. booyah! :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home