Sunday, February 12, 2012

Baby Dragon, cruising, passport guarantees, Christian bookstores, and more

I'm all churched-out, and don't want to do it again for at LEAST another two weeks! SO KNACKERED! Eric picked me up after 9, and bugged me about having beef for breakfast: "What if that's what Christon has gotten together for lunch?!" Somehow, I didn't think that would happen... I was right, since we had noodles / subs / grapes / strawberries / kiwis! We talked about BS, Bible Study, unfortunate abbreviations, Phil, Pastor Bob, spoiling the kids with jelly and chocolate hearts, his guaranteeing to the government that I would be too crazy to leave the country (DON'T DO THAT!), Chinese Eric, Valentine's Day, dreaming, what I did yesterday, quotes, MOTHER 3 on Hard Mode, FINAL FANTASY, video games, forums, GARBAGE DAY on Youtube, and more. When we got to church, I told him not to abandon me again - I met him at the church door, heh. Talked to Phil about the passport thing; since it was more convenient to do it at lunch, that worked for me!

Sat by Jeremy and Mark, and talked about wedding invites and furniture clean-out; when I said hi to Pastor Bob, he wanted to know who I was! I suppose that could be a fair question, hahaha. (Eric thinks I "rarely" come nowadays - HEY, I STILL ATTEND CHURCH MORE OFTEN THAN MY SISTER, OKAY?!) It was interesting to have an art slant on the sermon, but I was still looking for coffee afterwards - I asked Jordan, who told me that there wasn't any! Oh well. Said hi and talked to Reigan, Auntie Eva (Grandma arrangements - she'll call - "I'm so behind since I have no computer!"), Auntie Paula (her health - she thanked me for my concern IN ENGLISH!), Auntie Ying (future Vancouver lunch plans?), Sheena (late birthday wishes), Amanda, and Quan. Also talked to Lincoln (busy AND just engaged two days before his Valentine's Day birthday!), Andrew (biology / midterm papers / getting stuff done early), Mom (Polly and Alan's lucky money - she unexpectedly paid me back for the passport photo costs!), Harmony (maternity leave / research into expensive carseats and strollers / naming / a year off / active and kicking Baby Dragon!), Polly and Alan (THANKS FOR THE MONEY! AND AWANA!), Vania (tagging), Deb, baby Declan, Dylan (belated birthday wishes), Sonya, Nathan W., Uncle Johnny, and others. SO MANY BABIES AND CHILDREN!

Went upstairs to Toddler Sunday School; saw James (who leaned on me and held my hands), Mattias (I had to play the role of "kiddy bathroom attendant"), new kids, a baby whom I just called "baby," Jessie, Rachel and her grandma, Jonathan, Anastasia, Ashley, Ramen, and Shira. The kids were really hyper today, but I gave out the candy anyway. They liked the slides, trucks, puzzles, and all the usual toys. Chung told me that he won't let Mattias have sugar; I guess I should have let the kid have one or two jelly hearts before Daddy showed up, haha. When I got downstairs, Grandma didn't know where Mom and Dad were; they were in the front! Said hi to a bunch of people in the fellowship hall, and sat by Mark later at the welcome lunch. He remarked on how little Noah looked like a KILL BILL character with his white dress shirt and black tie, and how all the other kids (Anne / Sophia / Olivia / Nathaniel / Abigail / Joshua / Keenan / Benjamin / Mattias) were running around and creating mayhem. You got that right!

I said hi to baby Marcus / baby Emma and her dad Tim / baby Ava, and talked to Acer / Mark / Geoffrey / some Hong Kong guy / Alan / Tracy / Auntie Lillian about Craigslist job searching from Hong Kong / crowded conditions in Hong Kong / Translink / transit / fare evasion / feeling ripped off / NOODLES FOR US WHEN THE KIDS FINISHED! Told Jon about spaghetti squash exploding, and that funny pee sign. Phil and Eric helped me with my passport documents, which was excellent. Also talked to Sophia and Helen about Steph / family vacations / travel / Strawberry Shortcake gum - Elaine IS coming back in a bit before New Hampshire and her husband Matt's family, as Andrea said a while ago! The family meeting was about transitions, change, questions, inter-generational stuff, worship, devotions, and more. Got a lot of tag prompt writing done, and laughed when Mark inserted pencils in his shoe.

Afterwards, I finally made tentative plans with Randal to meet at the Aberdeen Tim Horton's on Thursday; thank goodness I checked, and there is NO HOCKEY THAT NIGHT! I don't mind if he calls me after work that evening, which is progress. Grandma was still knitting outside since my parents were in a meeting; she asked where Jon was, but I told her that he and Harmony had left earlier to buy baby stuff. Eric wondered whether we had to take her home, but we didn't. She recognized White Kid, but (as I told him later) might not recognize Wu-So-Lo (but he DOES have a mustache now) - she definitely won't recognize Mark! On the way home, we discussed banana bruising / Teunis and Tess / co-existing with Mr. Creep and Paul (who was elsewhere today - PHEW!) / the Fellowship AGM / Greek food / Chinese Eric's health issues and whether he COULD eat Greek food / my parents' cruise / advice / blocking people temporarily or staying offline till I got my stuff done / Texas / NOT BEING IN LOVE WITH MATT! At home, I napped for a bit, then checked Facebook to find the news of Lincoln and Karen's engagement. I immediately called Steph to catch her up on things; Karen Grace is excited about being an aunt, too! Discussed research, passport stuff, money, food, and other things. Interesting, but long day!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home