Friday, March 11, 2011

Catching up IS a priority with such world news as we have... / Being right about scammers

Before I went out tonight, Teunis and I discussed his midnight bedtime / my trying not to make noise even if he's trying to sleep OR hard to wake up / local-ish jobs / hot chocolate (no brandy!) / Rammstein / Dimmu Borgir / the shrimp crackers / Hardbite BBQ chips / using his milk / Kula Shaker (I remember them from back in the day!) / food in general. When Eric picked me up, all I could do was rant because I would really have rather stayed home and caught up on at least three mega-posts online! He thinks I should give up the Internet for Lent, but since I use it for communication / information like the NEWS, that is NOT happening!

Met up with Kevin, Martin, and Christon at church - I didn't really pay much attention to the Bible Study since it was about the weeds parable, *and* I really wished to be home. Eric later said that I was becoming a cyborg (with attachments to computers and NOT humans), that he was an introvert who liked spending time with people to know them better (I'd have agreed a year ago), that the Mexican mole was good, and that I should try NOT catching up. NO WAY! He also reminded me about the time change... um, thanks a LOT! (we also discussed "Big Country" Reeves, the Grizzlies, the expensive Canucks seats, games, and more)

When I got home, I saw a note on the door about that scammer from a few nights ago - I *knew* she wasn't from the apartment! Told Teunis about that, then we discussed stereotypes / Surrey / reality. Then he played that song ("can you dig it?") which reminded him of the combination of GWAR's Sammy and Korn's cover of the Radiohead tune Creep. Discussed Joss Whedon (the BUFFY guy) getting honored for writing strong female characters; not surprised that he got annoyed at the question and said that he'd continue doing so until it was something unremarkable, hahaha. Now it's really time to catch up!

I heard Justin Bieber as a radio commercial on the way home, and commented that people were right: he DOES sound like a girl! Eric stated that he sounded like ME (to joke around?), and I instantly said that I was more hardcore than Justin Bieber will EVER be!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home